Opti day 9 of 14...

steff1970
on 7/3/12 1:34 am - cambridge , Canada
RNY on 07/09/12
 I am scheduled for surgery on the 9th of July and im more then likely having VSG due to scar tissue and my anestitist is Dr. Lindblad she was wonderful when i met her and said she would give me something for my nerves on the day of.

REFFERAL.....APRIL 2010    ORIENTATION.....JULY 14, 2011       SURGERY.....JULY 9, 2012                            

Monica M.
on 7/3/12 1:34 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
The amount you lose isn't really important. it's about the size of your liver. Which is the point of Optifast, not weight loss.

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/12 2:54 am - Straford, Canada
 If you have been true to optifast, your liver should have a lot less fat and the surgery can go well.  The total weight loss isn't the point of optifast, its the fatty deposits in and around the liver that can make laproscopic surgery a problem.  If you have been true to optifast, relax and enjoy the ride!  Ian  
Brenda T.
on 7/3/12 9:23 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
You are doing great, don't worry about the weight, just continue with the shakes.

You are getting so close, eeee so exciting.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Reidsmom
on 7/3/12 9:45 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 07/05/12
I started Opti on the 28th of June and did my PATTS about a week and a half later.  I weighed myself just before leaving my house and was devastated as the scale said I had only lost 8 lbs.  When I was weighed an hour later at the hospital, it turns out I had lost almost 14 lbs. 

My point is, that I would not put too much stock in the scale number.  As long as you stick to the Opti, everything will roll along as it should. 
"We underestimate damage done to the sky when we allow words to slip away into the clouds."  –Viggo Mortensen  

Jan.  2011 -- Referral to W.M.C.                                     Jan. 2012 -- Meeting with Behaviourist
Apr.  2011 -- Initial meeting with Dr. Dent                      Jan. 2012 -- Psych. evaluation
Jun.  2011 -- Sleep apnea test                                       Mar. 2012 -- Follow-up with Dr. Dent
Jun.  2011 -- General orientation session                       Apr. 2012  -- Follow-up with Nutrionist
Jul.   2011 -- Psychiatrist                                                May 2012  -- Surgery class
Nov.  2011 -- Follow-up meeting with Dr. Dent               Jun  2012  -- Meeting with Surgeon             
Jan.  2012 -- Meeting with Nutrionist                             July  5, 12  -- Surgery 

Most Active