Hello everyone...I'm backkk

Karla Tolentino
on 6/19/12 3:50 am - Mississauga, Canada
Hello everybody!! Hope everything is going good for all of you!! I'm 2 weeks off today and the last posting I made was right before surgery. So for 2 full weeks I've been taking care of myself, relaxing, taking the vitamins, liquids, etc, etc. Now I'm supposed to start my pureed diet, but for some reason or another I'm just afraid of the change!! (I don't know why I'm thinking my stomach won't tolerate it or digest the new food) I know it won't be the case, is just me (dumb me), but I'm going to start TODAY!
Also, (and I don't know if this is normal, since everyone heals differently) but I'm feeling a big discomfort when trying to sleep on my sides....Specially the left side!! it kills me. Well, l"ll be posting more regularly now that I'm feeling much better!! .Have a great day everyone :)

sam1am
on 6/19/12 4:16 am
Welcome back and welcome to the bench, Karla!  It sounds all very normal, including worrying about the next step and sleeping.  Baby steps and you'll be fine!

Congratz!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

niceeyes72
on 6/19/12 4:17 am
RNY on 03/23/12
Hey Karla! 
Congrats on the 2 weeks! It's perfectly normal to be afraid of moving on..... But just think of the flavours you get to enjoy.... Your body needs nutritious foods to help heal....Start with a tiny taste.

As far as pain on your side, I had RNY and it took up to 3 weeks for the side sleeping to start.... I spent a lot of time sleeping on the couch until then!!

Looking forward to more posts! Let us know how you are doing!!!

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs Clinic Weight: 325lbs Clinic goal:190 lbs Current Weight: 176.4lbs My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

tea-bag
on 6/19/12 4:58 am - Burlington, Canada
Hey Karla, glad all went well.  I was about to ask the board if any had heard from you since your last post.

If i remember correct you went to St. Joe's in Hamilton ?  how did you find it there ?
Karla Tolentino
on 6/19/12 3:00 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Hi there! yes, I had my surgery at St. Joes in Hamilton. Overall it was a good experience. There was only a tiny thing that happended to me, and it was that at the time of my surgery I was having my period, so I kind of stained the bed sheets, and I had to wait for almost 2 days for it to be changed, because I asked to be changed, otherwhise, I think they wouldn't change it at all!!Another interesting fact about 6th floor at St. Joes, is that most of the nurses in that area are overweight!! Well, as I said before it was a good stay!!

cayleighsmom
on 6/19/12 5:46 am
RNY on 06/05/12
welcome to the bench!! we hit it a the same time!! I'm two weeks post op as well.  i have started pureed, and so far no difficulties.  i have had pureed chicken, carrots, and pototes.  it was so yummy, adding new flavours!  i was a little nervous of the melba toast cause of the crunch, but it was heavenly, just chew really well.  i spread a little luaghing cow on it, it it softened it up a bit.  Good luck.

Barbie
JJ_
on 6/19/12 9:46 am
Wooohooo!  Welcome to the bench Karla.  Try new stuff and see how you feel.  If one meal isn`t great go back a step to the previous stuff you could tolerate for a meal or two and then try something else.  There is no rush.  However your taste buds will love you for it!!

Judy
Blu-Diva
on 6/21/12 10:11 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Have a speedy recovery

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

Most Active