Military member seeking help,support and always advice.

Gabygee
on 6/10/12 10:36 pm - Canada
You came to the right place.
This message board was just as informative as my doctors, and just as important to my journey.

Best of luck - bear in mind as you jump through the hoops to come that your have made the best decision for the rest of your life that you cuold ever have made.

This is it.

Armyguy1976
on 6/11/12 3:40 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 09/10/13
 Thanks all for the advice and support and for lending a ear or this case eyes to my story. 

I look forward to my first support group meeting tommorow. :) 

I am worried my BMI of 39.8(as of today) is to low, hate the idea of gaining weight to only loss it later but the idea of going on without any help seems hopeless.

thanks again for your time and understanding, this was a hard choice to make but i feel all the more insipred and sure of myself knowing that i'm not alone.

Cheers

Keith
StaceyP_Kingston
on 6/11/12 9:52 am - Canada
Hey Army guy

I'm ex Army myself and was constantly harrashed about my BMI when I was in, my
weight got really out of contol after I had kids and was a big part of my decision
to get out. My husband is still in and I have a friend who is in the same boat
you are, she got referred thru the base hospital. However they initially sent
her to the wrong place and that has put her behind in the process. They should
either be sending you to the weight clinic at the Civic hospital in Ottawa or
hopefully to the new clinic that has been set up in Kingston. If you have the
sleep apnea perserve with the CPAP machine, once you get used to it, it will
make you feel 100 times better. I used to have the chronic fatigue all the time too
but now that I am on the machine and have lost so much weight, i really feel
like a new person. There are a lot of steps to go thru before you get the surgery
but it is so worth the effort.
Thanks
StaceyP
HW: 320 lbs (May 2011) 
SW: 270 lbs (Dec 15 2011)
Current : 199 lbs (Jun 24 2012)

Armyguy1976
on 6/11/12 10:03 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 09/10/13
 Thx for the great feedback it's nice to know I'm not alone out there you know all to well the stigma being overweight in the military. I've struggled with this my entire care but recently hit my highest weight of 260 on a 5 7 frame. I'm one year away from promo to Sgt but I've been struggling with the thoughts of releasing just because each day at work is worst then the last 

Really bed to take control of my weight and hopefully the Mo approves my referral on the 26 

Referal Feb 2011, Orientation Dec 5 2012, Nurse Prac Jan 8th 2013, Dietitian Jan 9th 2013, Social worker Jan 10th 2013, Ultra sound Jan 20th 2013, CT scan Feb 4th 2013, Scope Feb 5th 2013 .... Surgeons apoint June 12 2013, Pre Op Class June 26 2013, PATTS Aug 20 2013, RNY surgery Sept 10th 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics