Bake sale woes

Feralgirl
on 6/7/12 2:29 am - Canada
RNY on 06/29/12
I just started opti, and last night while cooking chicken parmigana for my hubby I almost caved...then I thought of something. Dab some Vicks under your nose. The strong smell really throws you off ;) Plus if anyone asks just say you have had trouble breathing due to allergies.

I got the tip from a friend who worked in a hospital as after-surgery clean up
(deactivated member)
on 6/7/12 2:29 am - Straford, Canada
 As a member of the "useless when it comes to baking" sex, it is sad you will never run your taste buds over my low fat banana bread or my low fat raisen bran muffins, my gluten free yellow cake with lemon custard glaze, my... you get the point!   "Men" are not useless when it comes to baking, perhaps yours is, but not all men!  When "Men" make such generalizations I know a raft of women who will be loudly objecting before the sentence is finished.  So should we imo!  
Monica M.
on 6/7/12 4:16 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
I like men who bake!!! can i have some treats?

i hate baking. Hate cooking. (except sometimes, and only then if someone else is cleaning up)

sincerely,
the sex that's supposed to be not useless, but actually is.

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/12 4:47 am - Straford, Canada
 yes Monicas you can have some treats! lol  I like baking but I love cooking!  Have attended a culinary school for a bunch of summer classes, unfortunately most of what I learned there we can not eat (like a lobster dish cooked in like a pound of butter, it was better than sex but now I just have to settle for sex!  lol).  But I sent many of my fav dishes to the dieticians at TWH and they felt I could still cook most of them (and they were goint to try some themselves), with slight modification of the sugar content of some. Can't wait to be eatng solid food again!  

regards from that useless sex!   LOL  
Monica M.
on 6/7/12 4:55 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Dear Useless Sex.
Send me your lobster as well. Actually, i'd rather have that than the sweet treats, i think. There's someone on here who's quite the cook and has adjusted recipes quite well. Smilley K is her name, i think.

Are you a member of our recipe forum?

Sincerely yours,
Lobster *****

Mary A.
on 6/7/12 4:31 am
try making them in a flavour that you can't stand

for me that would be butterscotch or caramel.....HUGS

.....have him go out and buy some at the grocery store and then add the sprinkles and some frosting (personalized)...LOL

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Monica M.
on 6/7/12 6:00 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
that wouldnt work for me. I've never met a cupcake i didnt like.

tasha_the_dog
on 6/7/12 8:33 am - Thunder Bay, , Canada
Monica you are such a delight!!!

I agree, do the Vicks thing.  Works wonders!

Referral to Thunder Bay Bariatric Centre July 2010 Orientation Class August 2010
Appointments with dietician, nurse practitioner and psychologist September/November 2010   Ultrasound November 2010
Scope June 10, 2011, meeting with surgeon Nov 29, 2011    surgery  VSG Jan 20/12
Surgeon: Dr. Gmora
HW 287

CW 169

pmurray
on 6/7/12 9:11 am - Canada
Not long ago I had to bake for a coupke of bake sales. I picked up a fantastic brownie mix from COSTCO and made that. They sold and everyone loved them. It's hard but you have to keeo your eye on the prize. a new and better you
Most Active
Recent Topics