NSV...Short Shopping..(Longish)

Allaryanna
on 6/1/12 10:24 pm - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/09/12
 Lots of NSV’s and some epiphanies as well about what it means socially to be a “normal" weight.

First the NSV’s.. Was looking for shorts because apparently my size 24’s are ridiculous.  Went into Garage on a whim cause they had denim shorts Buy one get the second pair half off.  I asked the sales girl what the largest size they had was and was told size 13.  Disappointed I thanked her and was going to leave when she held up what looked like incredibly tiny shorts to show me and said, “Why don’t you try them on and see and I’ll grab you an 11 as well…"  Scoffing inside at the idea that I could fit into anything in their store I took the offending “tiny" shorts to the change room. Slid them on and WTH!!!!!!.  They fit and looked great!!!!  The size 11’s were a not even a possibility but Holy man the 13’s were fantastic.  Being the Frugal (not cheap individual) I am I had her hold onto them as they were the only size 13’s not so short cut they needed an R rating and brought my 20 year old daughter back with me to find another pair.  She did…in the same size as me so if I want to strut my crepe paper upper thighs I can borrow her’s…And apparently I now have a "lighthouse"  Which I thinks means the space between my thighs at the top..Who knows with teenage lingo..(Man I feel old saying that)  

As well I hit Old Navy somehow still convinced I was a size 16/18.  When I tried my first pair of shorts on there the sales lady told me flat out they were way to big and brought me a slew of 14’s all of which fit. 

So between Garage, Old Navy and Stitches I am now the proud owner of a variety of cheap sale shorts ranging from size 13-15 depending where they were purchased and they all still look Sooooooooo small. 

As well I bought some new summer shirts and found one in a size Medium from Bootlegger.  (Yep I said medium…)  Bought that shirt in a hot second!!!

Love my tool and realize I love shopping!!!!!  Sales are so much more fun when you can shop multiple stores.  Although I miss in some ways the familiarity and comfort of shopping at Penningtons and Additionelle….

Referral: January 2010     Orientation: Dec 2010      1st Appt's : April 26/2011       Surgery : Feb 9 / 2012      

Starting Weight:  265   Surgeons Goal : 187lbs    Personal Goal: 150lbs 

Hannahmumma03
on 6/1/12 10:51 pm - Oshawa Ontario, Canada
Awwww, congrats to you on this NSV!! You are so rocking your tool!!

Christie

Referral August 18th 2011               Orientation Dec 7th 2011
SW Jan 12 2012                                  Nurse Jan 12 2012
Nut. Class Feb 8th 2012                  Psych  May 16th 2012
Dietician May 16th 2012                   Meet The Surgeon Sept 21 2012
PATTS: November 19th 2012           Surgery: November 29th 2012

My Angel is: Brenda T. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/12 10:55 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Isn't it amazing that when you are "regular " size you can find a huge selection of clothes at reasonable prices.

Congratulations on your great weight loss and NEW size.

Deb
sam1am
on 6/1/12 11:49 pm
Congratz!  Quite a feeliing, isn't it? 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

JJ_
on 6/2/12 12:00 am
Good for you skinny girl!  I am not yet in those sizes, so I still have this to look forward to.

Judy
Btrue2u
on 6/2/12 12:59 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
Wow  is all I can say. Good for you.  

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Allaryanna
on 6/2/12 5:12 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/09/12
 And believe me it will be great fun....

Referral: January 2010     Orientation: Dec 2010      1st Appt's : April 26/2011       Surgery : Feb 9 / 2012      

Monica M.
on 6/2/12 1:16 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
lol @ lighthouse!!!!

Allaryanna
on 6/2/12 5:18 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/09/12
 I didn't even know this "lighthouse" thing was important in bottom shopping.  Who knows where I'd be without the 20 yr old to help dress me these days.  

Moselle
on 6/2/12 3:05 am - Athens, Canada
 It truly is a wonderful feeling to be able to shop for clothes in "normal" stores.  Enjoy your success and congrats on the lighthouse!

It's awesome to not have to worry about your thighs chaffing anymore....just another plus.
Most Active
Recent Topics