What are you eating/doing today (Friday)

kellybelly333
on 5/17/12 10:47 pm - Toronto, Canada

I'm on here earlier than usual today, so thought i'd post.

Yesterday I had a wee fiasco with testing my sugar levels with trying protein only. I was fine, and even through spinning class (exercise will often cause a drop in sugar levels). So I kept up with the plan.

Then I gardened.....forgetting it was exercise. As I sat there trying to figure out the difference between a weed and a plant....I started getting dizzy. LOL. Sugars were nice and low (2.4) So banana and peanut butter got added to my diet yesterday. Oh well

Today I am spinning again ****ep forgetting my runner's, and only have cycling shoes with me at work). And i'm off to TWH for my one year appointment with the surgeon that I missed.

B - Coffee, Babybell cheese and strawberries
S - Banana and peanut butter
L - Mixed greens and tuna
S - probably a coffee at TWH
D - some sort of delicious concoction that my boyfriend will make woohoo!!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Gabygee
on 5/18/12 1:54 am - Canada
Oh what a wonderful morning, oh what a wonderful day!
I feel like singing - it is so GORGEOUS outside!

B - bowl oat bran cereal w 1/2 banana, large coffee
 S - fresh strawberries in 1/2 c cottage cheese (1%)
 L - bowl of red lentil soup
 S - protein bar, mint tea
 D - 1/2 bowl of salad w barbacoa, avocado, salsa, cheese and black beans

Nice long walk tonight after work.
Kayaking on the Humber River this weekend - can't wait.

northernlight
on 5/18/12 11:28 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
I'm one week post-op & trying to find the right balance on how much I should be eating & drinking - I'm finding it a bit tough, but I'm sure it will get easier.

B - 1/3 cup of 1% cottage cheese & water with Crystal Light
L - SF pudding cup (3/4 c)
D - Strained cream of mushroom soup (3/4 c)
Lots of water throughout the day.

I realized that I forgot to have my protein shake so I'll make sure I get that in tomorrow.

Deb

Leanne1
on 5/18/12 1:21 pm - Newmarket, Canada
 Hey Deb :)

I noticed that you wrote "cottage cheese and water"... You shouldn't drink with your foods ;) the water will flush your foods thru your pouch and you you won't get what yu need. The general rule is: no liquids 30mins before and 30mins after a meal ;)

Do you have a meal pn that you are following from  your center? Definitely try to get the protein shake in ;)

Leanne1
on 5/18/12 1:26 pm - Newmarket, Canada
 sorry, my phone is being weird tonight. It won't let me edit anything....
I wanted to write "food Plan"
northernlight
on 5/18/12 2:05 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Grrrr - I can't believe that I forgot something so basic! Thanks for reminding me of that Leanne. I think that I will have to make a few "flash-card" type notes on bright paper & stick them on my fridge until doing these things becomes second nature for me. No wonder I felt as though I was still hungry even after I had eaten my food - the water must have been just pushing it right through! Duh!

I'm also going to make sure tomorrow that I get my protein shake in early so that I can try to get in a second one later in the day.

Deb

Most Active