NSV I am now shopping in my daughters closet...

Allaryanna
on 4/16/12 11:08 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/09/12
 So a while back I posted about my goal being to shop in my eldest daughters room.  Figure payback is fair she's stolen enough of my shirts over the years because they didn't fit properly.  My goal before that was to hit my mothers massive closet to look for clothes.  Well both of them happened in the same week.  

My room always ends up the overflow for clean laundry waiting to find homes so while I was rummaging through the massive expanse of clothes I found a lovely wrap around sweater in a size large on a whim I tried it on lo and behold if the darn thing didn't fit perfectly so I wore it out meeting up with my mother for a day of costco shopping.  Turns out the lovely article of clothing is one of hers she had misplaced in my laundry...she graciously said I could keep it because it fits me better.  I have about 5 inches on her in height.

So still rummaging through the same pile later this weekend for anything to fit.  ( my best friend was down and robbed me of all the clothes she says look ridiculous on me, she had the nerve to tell me to buy new clothes because I was beginning to look like I was playing dress up in my parents clothes)  I came across one of my oldest daughters campus crew tank tops.  (All my tank tops and cami's went to my BF's wardrobe)  Thinking there is no way in HE%% this thing is going to fit I tried it on.  Holy CARP not only does it fit it looks fabulous.

She also after much grumbling let me keep it.....3 of her tank tops and 2 pair of work out pants now reside in my drawers...

Referral: January 2010     Orientation: Dec 2010      1st Appt's : April 26/2011       Surgery : Feb 9 / 2012      

Starting Weight:  265   Surgeons Goal : 187lbs    Personal Goal: 150lbs 

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/12 12:00 pm
Excellent!

My niece has informed me that once I get down to my goal weight she and I will be able to share clothing.  I think that means I buy it, she wears it.
cheeky_monkey
on 4/16/12 12:27 pm - Ottawa ON, Canada
Fantastic!!!  It is my dream and my daughter's nightmare that I will be wearing her clothes on day LOL 
Referral:  April 2011 <> OrientationOttawa July 15, 2011  <> Nurse:  April 16, 2012 <> Abdominal Ultrasound:  May 2, 2012 <> Behaviourist/Dietitian:  May 8, 2012 <> Education Class: July 11, 2012 <> Meet the Surgeon: July 31, 2012 <> Surgery Date: August 27, 2012

Monica M.
on 4/16/12 8:41 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
i've gotten a few "hand me ups" from my daughters. It's an odd feeling. But i'm kind of liking it! lol

Shar eD
on 4/16/12 9:09 pm
YEAH FOR YOU! 
Laurie C.
on 4/16/12 10:01 pm - Collingwood, ON, Canada
Yes, my sister informed me that after my surgery, I should buy really expensive size 12 clothes so if I get to a 10, she can have the 12's.  She always was an sneaky thing.
Karen W.
on 4/16/12 10:17 pm - Canada
Great NSV's!  Thanks!

RNY April 11, 2011       

niceeyes72
on 4/17/12 1:34 am
RNY on 03/23/12
Sounds like a dream come true!!!! YAY you!!!

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs Clinic Weight: 325lbs Clinic goal:190 lbs Current Weight: 176.4lbs My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

divagod
on 4/17/12 2:15 am - Walford, Canada
I must be behind in the times but to sound stupid what does NSV stand for?? Oh and congrats on the "new" clothes!
Karen M.
on 4/17/12 2:26 am - Mississauga, Canada
Non-scale victory :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics