Almost passed out in Walmart!

trudylam
on 3/13/12 1:11 am - Sudbury, Canada
Hi everyone.

Something happened to me yesterday that hasn't happened since I was about 4 weeks post-op.  I was in Walmart with the family doing some grocery shopping and I was feeling a bit woozy.  I grabbed a bottle of water off the shelf and drank some of it to see if that would help.  As I was walking along my entire world went black and the floor started swaying.  I had to lean on the cart and my hubby held me by the arm to help me get steady.  I grabbed a handful of grapes to see if that would help because I suddenly realized that I hadn't eaten all day and it was about 4pm.   It was probably a combination of the fact that I have been really sick over the last few days (strep throat, fever, cough), I hadn't eaten all day, and I needed water.  Just a lesson for me to pay closer attention to my body and it's needs. 

Have a great spring day everyone!

Radiogirl39
on 3/13/12 1:14 am - Canada
So scary!  Glad you are ok.

Julie

Megan M.
on 3/13/12 1:18 am - Canada
Good thing hubby was there to steady you.  Take care of yourself, Trudy!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

hobbithands
on 3/13/12 2:04 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 I am so glad you are ok....make sure you eat!

Moselle
on 3/13/12 2:12 am - Athens, Canada
A good reminder to everyone - listen to your body and make darn sure that you are fueling up!

Take good care of yourself!
niceeyes72
on 3/13/12 2:21 am
RNY on 03/23/12

Hope things are better now!!!
Take care of yourself!!!

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs Clinic Weight: 325lbs Clinic goal:190 lbs Current Weight: 176.4lbs My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

TBIYTC
on 3/13/12 2:26 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
So glad to hear you are alright.  That must have been super-scarey!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Monica M.
on 3/13/12 3:02 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Glad your hubby was there to lean on. Take care of yourself, friend. You should carry some kind of proteiny snack in your bag to ensure you have something appropriate to eat.

Good lesson tho. Hugs

tango123
on 3/13/12 9:48 am
I think for those us who are not hungry post surgery have to make sure we fuel our bodies. The thinner we get the less our bodies have to "feed" off of. I have noticed that if I go all day without food and then eat, I almost get a dumping reaction. Most likely hypoglycemic. Then practically narcoleptic!
Most Active
Recent Topics