Wedding ring - to wear or not to wear???

Mary A.
on 3/12/12 4:34 am
 I agree with this suggestion! This way, you are stll wearing them and get to enjoy the symbolic aspect of them.  But perhaps try the cheapo band for your finger as well :)  
trudylam
on 3/12/12 4:17 am - Sudbury, Canada
Thank for the input everyone! :)  I think I'll stop at walmart or something and grab a phony band.  Great ideas!  I knew I could count on you!
Megan M.
on 3/12/12 5:18 am - Canada
Going in the opposite direction, when I was pregnant with my 2nd, weight gain and bloat from pregnancy put me out of my wedding rings.  I opted for an inexpensive wedding band to tide me over.  Now I've gone to the other extreme and my rings sit in my jewellery box.  I wear my anniversary band (too big, spins around my finger), and another ring that fits well to hold it in place.  Same with the rings on my right hand.  I just found a smaller ring to hold them on my finger.  Like you, I have an emotional need to wear my love on my left finger.  It's directly connected to my heart.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Tina72
on 3/12/12 5:58 am
Have you tried to find the little plastic cover that sits on the back of your rings to make it smaller--very inexpensive--check with a jewelery store. For a quick fix, if you are going out, put a little scotch tape around the back.

I haven't been able to wear my rings in about 4 years, I can't wait until I have lost enough to put then on again!!
Kerry F.
on 3/12/12 8:34 am - Bolton, Canada
I stopped wearing my wedding rings about 6 months ago.  But I felt the need to have something on my finger too.  To my utter delight, I found some very pretty  fake stuff at Shoppers Drug Mart.  I was paying for my mascara when I noticed the display case.  They're all  'white gold' with zirconias and range from 19.99 to 29.99.  Some of them are actually wedding sets with engagement ring & band.  I bought a set initially and then bought a larger band with 3 rows of stones.  They're so pretty and because they're cheap, I don't mind that they don't last (the coating starts to fade after about 3 months) and I've made it into a little milestone reward....I'm 5lbs away from my next new ring :)   
The first set I got fooled the girls at work.  I told them my hubby wanted me to have new rings to celebrate the new me...lol  I figure I'm about another 3 months away from getting my real ones sized but I'm loving these little treasures in the meantime.

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

Moselle
on 3/12/12 9:19 am - Athens, Canada
 I gave up wearing my rings for fear of losing them. My husband took me to a local pawn shop and bought me an inexpensive ring to wear until I get my sized.  Which I should do soon now that I'm at goal. 

flyingwoman
on 3/12/12 9:21 am
Wear the rings on a chain around your neck.
ima_totalgeek
on 3/12/12 12:22 pm
I stopped wearing mine until I could get them until I reached goal - then resized them.
MisterDiminishing
on 3/12/12 2:40 pm - Windsor, Canada
Other suggestions for inexpensive man-repellents for ring-less phase:

- Baby on board sign in rear window of car and/or
- Baby carrier in back seat (or folded up stroller in hatchback will do)
- Use a diaper bag instead of purse to carry stuff around
- Indigo Girls concert shirt
- Lorena Bobbitt for Prez pin, clearly visible
- Etc. Etc.

Monica M.
on 3/12/12 10:24 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
i'm so gonna get some Lorena Bobbit for prez buttons. You're awesome. lol

Most Active
Recent Topics