January surgery

Dianadcr
on 2/26/12 3:30 am - Canada
All those who had surgery in January, how are you doing?
  Diana

HeySher
on 2/26/12 4:18 am - Scarborough, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
 I had my surgery on Jan 20th and I am doing great!!  I have tolerated everything I have eaten and now 5 weeks, 2 days out I eat soft foods and some regular foods.  I have not had any problems of any kind with food as long as I get all my water in, take small bites and chew well.  Since I started Opifast, 7 weeks ago, i have lost 35.7 lbs. I had bit of a stall at 3 weeks and was initially devastated to have a stall so early but read here on OH that this was pretty normal.

Everybody has noticed my weight loss so far which is a great feeling. My husband and I have been walking with our dog for exercise.  I feel great now and can't wait until I loose more and feel even better.

This has been the best decision I have ever made!!!!

Referred: Dec 15/10           Orientation: Jun 14/11          Nurse: Jun 23/11
Social Worker: Sep 7/11   Nutrition Class: Sep 28/11   Nutrition Assess: Oct 27/11
Psychiatrist: Nov 10/11     Surgeon: Dec 23/11               Surgery: Jan 20/12  
DonnaB1952
on 2/26/12 4:45 am - Amherstburg, Canada
RNY on 01/18/12
My surgery was Jan 18... I had a bit of trouble last week when switched over to soft solids... bad case of gas and a one and only vomiting eposide. My fault I ate too much and too fast... darn those old habits... trust me that will never happen again... I thought I was going to die.

I realized I wasn't getting in enough water... so set up a paper schedule to follow so I get in 4 bottles (4 x 500 ml) a day... which I must say has made a big difference in feeling better. Walking outdoors 45 minutes everyday and treadmill when crappy outside this has also helped with my energy... I am feeling pretty tired some days but thought it was basically I have not done anything. Getting ready to return to work... so this week I am setting my alarm and going through a routine to ensure I am organzied and able to get everything in.

Overall, I must say I have had no pain or any significant problems (other than conspitation which is almost under control yahooo) but energy wise this surgery has tuckered me out... must be an age thing (almost 60) LOL! Since Dec 28 when I started Optifast I am down 48 pounds as of today!

Hey how about you?
Enjoy your day! Donna

My Journey: Highest W= 349 Loss w/Weight Watchers= 296 Loss w/Optifast= 278 
Referral: Aug.25/11 Orientation: Sept.26/11, Optifast: Dec.28/11 & Surgery: Jan 18/12 

Total Loss= 187 lbs & Weight Loss since Dec 28/2011 w/Opti+WLS= 134 lbs. 

Current Weight  - April 2013 = 162.2

Dianadcr
on 2/26/12 4:58 am - Canada
Glad to hear all is going well. I have had no major issues. I had a dumping episode with the codeine prescribe by the hospital. Other than that have tolerated food and am moving into minced food this week. Must say the pain has been non existent. Itching to start up at the gym. I am losing slowly but stEady so am happy with that. Donna I feel like you tuckered out but I'm sure with more exercise I'll be my old self.
  Diana

alexforest
on 2/26/12 9:00 am - Canada
I had my surgery Jan 17th, while my surgery went great when i switched to soft foods i had many a issue, 5 weeks out and i still can't eat tuna or eggs, tonight i had a little roast beef with a little whip potato and mashed carrots, it didn't cause me any trouble, so perhaps my  pouch is being more co-operative, i have lost about 40lbs, it's slowed down now but thats ok,, i've been back to work for a week and i'm glad because it's gave me more structure , my breaks and lunch are timed which is great, i know it's only 5 weeks out but this has to be the best decision i have ever made, besides having kids that is, i like it because it's all about me, finally lol,, so good luck to everyone and i'm so glad i can share my journey with everyone on here,,, ciao!!
Toni B.
on 2/26/12 9:38 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
Hi there.... I had my surgery on Jan 19th @ TWH. Down 41lbs as of today, yay!

Things seem to be going well. The past 1.5 weeks or so, the muscular pain has finally disappeared so now I feel well enough to do a lot more in the way of exercising. My "mini-me" (that's my nickname for my pouch) is pretty tolerable of most foods...except green beans. I tried green beans on friday night and it was hell on earth.

I've got about 3 more weeks to go until I am back to work, and right now I am averaging 700 calories per day and I always seem to make my goal of 70g of protein. The water intake is harder, and I NEED to be more disciplined at it. I am only getting about 5 cups a day on average.

Aside from improving my water intake, my goal is to make exercise part of my regular daily routine... here's hoping!

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Most Active
Recent Topics