ok what happens now

Brenda T.
on 2/27/12 4:09 am, edited 2/27/12 4:09 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Yes 1/4 cup of strained soup is good. at this point we should have more than a 1/4 cup per meal. You have the list of all things you can have right?

I want those pain meds then. lol

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

littlelulu1954
on 2/27/12 4:15 am - Canada
thank you Brenda for your info I am so confused and I want to go with the sheets but when I was up at TW and released yesterday she told me another couple of days for the jello and water...I have lost 21lbs so far and now afraid that I will start to gain it back(I know its all in my head)
so I have to start taking my protien shake now and putting the powder stuff on my food also right now?
I am so excited to be abler to stsrt eating again...thank you so much for your help
Brenda T.
on 2/27/12 4:37 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Do what they told you, if they told you a couple more days then wait a couple of more days.  Give them a call if you want.
All the best.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Smileyiam2
on 2/27/12 6:50 am - Canada
I would honestly wait and check with your clinic. That would be the best bet!!  Ulcers are a risk factor.

As for your soup, my clinic(Hamilton-St Joe's) we were instructed for cream soup to be ONLY LOW IN FAT soup. And made with either water or skim milk and strained. The other canned Campbells soup has a higher content of fat, so make sure you buy the Low in Fat Soup. Of course it's a bit more expensive but doesn't have any added fat etc...

Good luck with your journey.
Marie

DonnaK12
on 2/27/12 10:58 am - Brooklin, Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
I have to be on blood thinners (wardarin) for the rest of my life and at the nutrition class I asked if I could disolve them in water and I was told yes.
Good luck to you!

littlelulu1954
on 2/27/12 11:01 am - Canada
On February 27, 2012 at 6:58 PM Pacific Time, DonnaK12 wrote:
I have to be on blood thinners (wardarin) for the rest of my life and at the nutrition class I asked if I could disolve them in water and I was told yes.
Good luck to you!
My blood thiners are capsules and I didn't think it was a good idea to open capsules because they are timed released ...
btw my nurse never called me back...good support
DonnaK12
on 2/27/12 1:22 pm - Brooklin, Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
oh my Warfarin are plain pills.  Sorry, I don't know about capsules!

littlelulu1954
on 2/28/12 12:02 pm - Canada
ok finally got this sorted out
the post op nurse phoned me this morning  (STILL HAVEN'T HEARD FROM MY OWN NURSE) and I explained the problem to her and she said you should not have been given this type of blood thinner you need to be on Warfin so she said I will phone you back..I had to go out and when I returned the post op nurse had called me back and said that there was a big discussion on this matter with all different oponions so they finally called Dr. Jackson and he response was oh she can take the capsule whole...and yes stay on the asprin but just get reg. ASA

At least I got answers...what a time it has been but now I am on cream soup (low fat) and dam it taste good..I got my No sugar pudding and jello and dam they taste really good my protien shake is terrible ( any suggestions for me) I bought ISO FLEX choclate and it tast like chalk,
but I got my powder stuff and it isn't bad at all...
HUMM life is getting good...lol :)

Thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions it really did help me a lot...
Most Active