ok what happens now

littlelulu1954
on 2/27/12 3:22 am - Canada
I just got home from haveing RNY on Friday and i am feeling fantastic, I have no pain and just a little bit of muscle tightness actually feels like i have done hundreds of push ups...
What can I expect now... I am consuming 2 tablespoons of water or jello every 15 or 30 minutes...how long should I keep doing this. when i left the hospital all the nurse said was for a couple of more days....Can I start the strained soup this week or no? Also is that 1/4 per serving?
I am having problems with the meds they gave me as I have had a DVT previously I have to go on blood thinners for a month along with my asprin but pills must be crushed and when  I took it to my pharmcist he told me none of my pills can be crushed so I looked up on internet and punched in each pill it clearly states DO NOT CRUSH...I have a call into my nurse at TW but she hasn't phoned me back yet any suggestions....

twins4meplus1
on 2/27/12 3:33 am - St Thomas, Canada
Not sure of your diet protocol as each program is different. Do you not have post op diet instructions to follow from your site?
When I had my surgery I was told that if the pill was the size of a M&M or smaller it was okay to take post op.
Did you have RNY? If yes, why are they letting you take Aspirin? That is an NSAID. Is is only because of the DVT? I would be worried about it causing a marginal ulcer.

Linda

London and Area Support Group Leader
http://www.london-wls-support-group.com/
Come join the Ontario Plastics Patients Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_Post_Plastics 
Come join the Ontario WLS Vets Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_WLS_Vets/
To get your discounted subscription to OH Magazine
Follow the link below and enter the promo code "Terrio11
http://www.obesityhelp.com/magazine/subscriptions.
html

OH certified WLS Support Group Leader

littlelulu1954
on 2/27/12 3:38 am, edited 2/27/12 3:38 am - Canada
yes i have a post diet but it says 1-2 weeks so do i have to wait untill friday for me to be able to start eating the soup. I questioned about taking the asprin along with the blood thinner and she (nurse) checked with the doctor and returned and said yes still take the asprin.
on my sheet it reads after 6 wks the pill must only be the size of a dime.
yes to the RNY
Leslie W.
on 2/27/12 4:13 am - Cobourg, Canada
If you are taking enteric coated ASA then you cannot cru**** Plain ASA you can crush. I was able to swallow my synthriod from the beginnning. Now I can swallow the ez tab tylenol with no issue. For soup I was able to start in the hospital as it is part of full fluids. Again for diet it depends on your site.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
littlelulu1954
on 2/27/12 4:21 am - Canada
On February 27, 2012 at 12:13 PM Pacific Time, Leslie W. wrote:
If you are taking enteric coated ASA then you cannot cru**** Plain ASA you can crush. I was able to swallow my synthriod from the beginnning. Now I can swallow the ez tab tylenol with no issue. For soup I was able to start in the hospital as it is part of full fluids. Again for diet it depends on your site.
thanks Leslie'
my asprin med reads asprin coated asa ec 81 mg
so am i able to crush this or no
Leslie W.
on 2/28/12 4:07 am - Cobourg, Canada
The ec mean enteric coated so not crushable. Check with your centre as they are usually small and you may be able to swallow it whole. Otherwise you will need regular ASA low dose so you can crush

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Catw
on 2/27/12 3:34 am - Arnprior, Canada

Definitely confirm with the nurse at your clinic, but I was told that I could swallow any pill that was smaller than the tip of my baby finger without crushing it.  It will depend on the size of the pill you are taking.  I'm from the Ottawa Clinic though.

Cathy

littlelulu1954
on 2/27/12 3:41 am - Canada
my surgery was done at Toronto Western by a Dr, Timmothy Jackson and what a HUNK he is. I met him about 5 minutes before going into the operating room,  really good looking!! I think I would have stayed in the hospital longer just to have been able to see him...lol
Brenda T.
on 2/27/12 3:49 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I am going thru TWH and at the nutrition class they said we only stay on the pure liquid the two days at the hospital and when we go home we start on the full liquids. Unless you were instructed different then follow what they have said.

Glad to hear you are feeling so well.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

littlelulu1954
on 2/27/12 3:57 am - Canada
thanks Brenda
it's amazing that I dont feel any pain.
the day of surgery the anesthesiologist, came in and mention that there was a new way to try to relieve pain for after surgery but there was no facts on it yet and asked if I would be interested in trying it and I said sure...what they do is give you a needle inbetween you muscles and put a freezing in and I woke up in recovery and I needed no pain meds and I have yet had any pain meds, so it's your choice but I think this did help me.

Than your diet must be the same as mine so I can go to the store and by Cambells cream soup and strain it and have a 1/4 cup? Am I reading this right?
Most Active