Life is so different now.

trudylam
on 2/14/12 9:21 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Hello everyone! :)

I just wanted to come in and share my most recent NSV with you.  My DH and I took our little boys (ages 7 & 4) to Great Wolf Lodge for Valentine's Day.  Let me just say, that place is amazing!  I spent almost the whole time in my bathing suit (which I was totally stressed out about at first), in the water with the boys.  We went down waterslides, climbed the millions of stairs to get to the waterslides, rode on inner tubes, and ran and splashed until we just couldn't do it anymore.  We had a great time and for the first time ever, my weight didn't stop me from doing anything.  I could sit comfortably in the patio chairs that they had everywhere and not feel like I was going to crush them and my hips didn't get jammed..  We even took the stairs to our room instead of the elevators.

Sometimes I feel a little "braggy" when I come in and share these NSV's but I want those who are waiting for this surgery to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel you are waiting in.  It's a long wait for this surgery but your day will come and you will be on your way to feeling so much better physically and emotionally.  Hang in there :)

The only frustration with the whole trip was that my wedding ring is so loose that it kept coming off my finger in the pool.  I ended up having to keep it off, guess I'll look into having it resized soon. 

Have a great day everyone, hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! :)

mom4life
on 2/14/12 10:00 pm - Port Rowan, Canada

Brag away!  You deserve it!!!
Congrats, and what a wonderful NSV!!!
Yep time to get that ring sized or at least put away somewhere safe until you think you are at your "resting weight".  I waited to get mine sized until I thought my fingers wouldn't get any smaller, and it turns out I should probably have waited a little longer after all...they spin all over the place again now.

Love to read these posts, don't hesitate to post them!

I remember starting this journey and reading these, thinking "Can that really be me someday?"  and it is!!! I was inspired by these posts and I am sure sometime today someone waiting for surgery or early pre-op will be motivated by you...

Keep up the great work!

Lori

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

Brenda T.
on 2/14/12 10:04 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Thank you so much for sharing!!! You have every right to toot your own horn and I'm thrilled to hear it. I'm getting closer and I love reading about people's wonderful changes.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Nathalie_Can
on 2/14/12 10:06 pm
That's not bragging at all.  Its just so amazing all the little things we notice as simple as sitting in a chair and not having to worry.  That's huge for us!

I have put my rings away since September and will probably get it resized only next September, I knew for me I would need to it more then once and didn't want to do that.

Very happy you had a wonderful stay and Valentine!
Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Gabygee
on 2/14/12 10:26 pm - Canada
I agree.
It feels like bragging but it's not.
It's marking milestones.

I mean look at YOU Nathalie - 189 pounds down.
That is just remarkable.

And why shouldn't we point out these wonderful changes to those who are waiting patiently for their turn at a new life?

I'm in the same boat about the sizes - I just really can't keep up with the changes in clothing sizes right now. I've gotten rid of everything over a size 14, am now purchasing size 10's, and even those are starting to get loose.
When I think that 10 months ago I was wearing a size 24 and feeling horrible, that's just unbelievable to me.
Giving my head a shake.

Nathalie_Can
on 2/14/12 10:56 pm
I officially started my own countdown to 200...lmao...then will still have 75 to go, can't believe I'm close to achieving this...wow

You are so right Gab about clothes...the sizes are crazy...and LOVE to shop for new clothes...lol

What is funny is that we were spooning and my husband said "Wow, you now have bones"  lol  and I just answered, yeah I added hips and ribs.......lmao

Happy Wednesday!!!
Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Janet13
on 2/14/12 10:34 pm - Toronto, Canada
Brag all you want, it is those type of victories that made me look forward to having surgery. I am glad I did, and I am glad everyone shared so much.
"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

Joyce J.
on 2/15/12 12:03 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

Brag all you want. We love hearing these stories

Glad you all had a great time

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Toni B.
on 2/15/12 12:10 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
 Wonderful NSV & thanks for posting!

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

sam1am
on 2/15/12 1:38 am
I'm with the others, I love it when people share their successes!  We have all had enough sad moments with the weight gain, that hearing the triumphs is good for the soul.  YOur little boys must have been thrilled that you went with them!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics