Down and out.

Dollface-1981
on 2/5/12 6:22 am - Newmarket, Canada
 Thank you everyone!!

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

jdance
on 2/5/12 5:00 pm - Canada
While i haven't had any health issues since surgery, i did go thru a "I hate the way I look" phase.

The last time i lost weight i was 33, this time i was 50 and i ididn't like who i saw in the mirror, the saggy chin, the wrinkles, the greying hair, the weight loss causes all the hormones that are stored with the fat to be released, couple that with menopause and i was a walking hormone nightmare.

Always had to take St Johns Wort to keep me calm but i had to double that and finallly found something natural to replace the hormones i'm missing with menopause. it took me awhile and few meltdowns to get it under control but i finally "on most day" am good.

The new hairsytle some good cosmetics, and properly fitted bras etc have helped. We are so used to seeing and dressing the other body it takes awhile to get our groove back.

I hope you find your answers, sending you a big hug.

j

laura S.
on 2/5/12 8:21 pm - London, Canada
Sorry you had such a rough time Amy.  There is definitely an emotional aspect to all this that is very difficult to deal with.  Confidence levels soar and then drop off a cliff.. at least for me anyway.  It's a bit of a roller coaster, but I haven't gotten to the point where I think I wouldn't do this surgery again yet. Who knows what hte future will bring, but maybe you should try calling your centre and asking if you can go in to speak with teh social worker.  Talking to someone would probably be very helpful and perhaps she can refer you on to someone who can address your specific issues.  I've often thought that it would be great to have a therapist through this process.  THere are so many mind games that we play with ourselves through this.

I hope it was just a bad day and you are feeling better, but if not, definitely talk to someone to help you though this.

All the best,

Laura

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/12 9:18 pm, edited 2/5/12 9:19 pm - Canada
Amy, I really dont have any advice but I just wanted to give you a big ol' [[[[[HUG]]]]]

Karen M.
on 2/5/12 10:20 pm, edited 2/5/12 10:20 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Your post touched my heart, Amy. What you're going through is completely normal, albeit unpleasant.

Here's the thing - at first, we're in weight loss euphoria. Everything is shiny and happy and moving and awesome. Then real life settles back in. Not everything is perfect, nor is it easy. The mental/emotional aspect of this process is something that no one can prepare you for, unfortunately. You will have ups and you will have downs. The important thing to realize and remember is that it's normal. Try not to be too hard on yourself - be proud of where you've come from and where you are now. Love yourself. Be kind to yourself. Be your own best friend.

Karen xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Dollface-1981
on 2/5/12 11:25 pm - Newmarket, Canada
 Thank you Karen! I do know it's normal and I know it'll get better! Thank you for your kind words!

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

Most Active