Halfway away from shelving my OptiFunk

swagger
on 2/1/12 12:39 am, edited 2/1/12 12:41 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 02/10/12

Today marks day 7 for my optifast diet  

The positives so far:  

1)I’ve lost 20 pounds as of this morning since Jan 10th when I did my last official weigh in!  
2)Optifunk is almost over!  
3)They improved the packaging of the optifunk! …yay?  
4)They have improved the packaging of no sugar added jello (box brand)….yay?  
5)I get to have an Optifunk buffet this Super Bowl Sunday!  
6)I fit into a size 3x shirt now!  
7) Optifunk is almost over!  
8) Optifunk is almost over!  
9) Optifunk is almost over!  
10) Optifunk is almost over!  

The Negatives so far:  
1)I still have to drink Optifunk for the next 7 days  
2)My pants fell down at work this morning.  
3)Bad pains in abdomen for the last 4 days, Nurse booked diagnostic imaging for tomorrow.  
4)The word “constipation"  
5)Today’s Jello is made from Pig Skin Collagen… yum?  
7)Optifunk does not taste good with mustard :o  
8)My “Ninja" drink mixer smells like old socks  
9)Lima beans are starting to look good.  
10) That I shouldn’t have read this (below)…keeping my fingers crossed for the diagnostic: 

Does using OPTIFAST cause gallstones?

Gallstones occur when the amount of cholesterol present in the gallbladder is greater than the amount that can be dissolved in the bile. A high fat diet is the most common reason for passing such large amounts of cholesterol into the bile. A high fat diet is the primary cause of obesity, therefore, gallstones are almost always seen in people who are overweight.

Anyone losing weight does so by metabolizing their body fat. This results in increased cholesterol being passed into the bile, just like a high fat diet. This may either aggravate pre-existing gallstones or occasionally produce new ones. The risk of gallstone attack during the weight loss phase remains surprisingly small. One in seven hundred participants have experienced a gallstone attack during the weight loss phase, and most of these had previously diagnosed gallstone conditions.

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince."
-Vincent Lombardi of the Green Bay Packers

Megan M.
on 2/1/12 12:41 am - Canada
You're too funny!  I needed that laugh - thanks.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

DonnaK12
on 2/1/12 12:50 am - Brooklin, Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
Thanks for putting a smile on my face!!
Good luck this week!

JJ_
on 2/1/12 1:26 am
Ouch about your pants dropping at work.....was it intentional??  LOL  You may need to use suspenders....or new pants :)

Congrats on your weight loss.  I used a plastic bottle to mix and drink my Optifast.  I threw it out after Optifast was over.  (Bought it for $2 at Walmart)  I don`t think I could get the smell out of it either!!

Judy
look_out_world
on 2/1/12 1:48 am - Canada
   Thank goodness for people with an awesome sense of humour!!!!  I needed this today!!

denise_norman
on 2/1/12 1:48 am - Canada
RNY on 02/29/12
Well, If you're pants fell down at least no one can acuse you of being a plummer!!!!!!!!!!Hope it wasn't too embarassing!!! Thanks for the laugh. Denise

Referal: March 2011                   Orientation: TWH July 21,20
11           Nurse Practitioner:Sept. 6,2011
Sleep Clinic Test: Sept. 11,2011 Sleep Clinic Result:
Sept. 27, 2011   Social Worker: Oct.. 19, 2011   
Nutrition Class: Nov.1,2011        Diabetis Assessment: Nov. 01, 2011  Dietitian: Dec. 02, 2011 
Psychologist: Dec. 06, 2011       Surgeon Meeting: Jan. 21, 2012        RYN Surgery Date: Feb. 29, 2012

Lynette1962
on 2/1/12 2:14 am - Whitby, Canada
 Dear Swagger......here are some additional points for your considerations....

Positives....
1. You do not have the optitrots (aka "**** your pants if you don't make it to the bathroom in time")
2. You do not have the optitrots (aka "**** your pants when you fart")
3. You do not have the optitrots (aka " omg did I really do that in my underwear AGAIN !!!")
4. You do not have the optitrots (aka "how many times can one person REALLY go to the bathroom in one day ?")
5. You do not have the optitrots (aka "come on traffic...I can't  make it to the next exit on the highway")

Negativies...........
1. Your co-workers now know what colour undies you wear 

Best of luck with your buffet on Superbowl....... 

I have reached my goal weight ..... and LOVE my RNY !!!!!!!!!

swagger
on 2/1/12 2:26 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 02/10/12
Well I am on chocolate optifunk, and didn't want to mention I have the Hershey Squirts so not to turn off chocolate lovers around the world.

3 cheers for Montezuma's revenge!

PS I've plugged up the toilet 2x at work today.... Poor housekeeper Trevor.

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince."

Monica M.
on 2/1/12 2:14 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Swag, i wonder if that abdominal pain could be related to your constipation?

I've heard about a lot of people who have had gallstones after weight loss. So don't rule that out.

swagger
on 2/1/12 2:27 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 02/10/12
I'm getting an ultrasound tomorrow to find out.....please cross your fingers for me. I am really not feeling well, but I'm trying to be positive and joke around.

Luv ya all

Most Active