I think I am in love with my magic bullet blender and my protein shakes!

prdmomof3
on 1/29/12 7:49 pm - Canada
I started making my own protein shakes, yesterday I had a pina colada one and thought I was in paradise!!

I used:

100g cont of Source pineapple/coconut exotic yougurt
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup OJ
4 ice cubes
2 scoops unflavored protein powder

Mixed it in my magic bullet blender and WOW it was yummy !

This morning I had a chocolate caramel one.

I used:

100g cont of Source coffee/caramel yougurt
1/3 cup milk
5 ice cubes
2 scoops unflavored protein powder
1 tsp cocoa powder.
Mixed well and enjoy!

Michelle.

Onward and
Downward

on 1/29/12 8:05 pm, edited 1/29/12 8:05 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
I keep hearing about Magic Bullet blenders - seems like an indispensible tool when going through this process!  Would one of those be easy to bring to work in order to make the Optifast when the time comes?

P.S. That pina colada shake sounds amazing!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

chammer71
on 1/29/12 9:50 pm - St. Catharines , Canada
For Optifast at work I used one of those shaker cups you can get at GNC (or elsewhere). It mixes it very well and is less cumbersome to lug around than a magic bullet.

HW: 355.0   SW: 327.0  CW: 260.1  Surgeon: Dr. Gmora, St. Joseph's Hamilton      Surgery Date: December 28, 2011
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/12 9:50 pm - Toronto, Canada
 I never used a blender for optifast....either a blender bottle (made for protein shakes with an insert to help dissolve the powder when shook) or just a straight bottle.  I found with several good shakes, the opti mixed in fine.  
But the magic bullet is a great investment, in general, especially post-op.  They are fairly compact, so you could take one to the office if you want.

Onward and
Downward

on 1/30/12 1:01 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
Yeah, that's what I was thinking - to get one for home and work, and just leave one at the office.  But chammer's idea is good too.  I guess it will depend on how I like it shaken as opposed to blended.

Hey, there must be a James Bond joke in there somewhere: "Shaken, not stirred..."

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active
Recent Topics