Dr. Oz / topic Gastric Bypass

Riceroni
on 1/23/12 5:15 am - London, Canada
Just a heads up that Dr. Oz has all about gastric bypass on his show right now. 

Kim

Brenda T.
on 1/23/12 6:59 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
oh, missed it. Was it any good?

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/12 7:01 am
It was a good one. I was sure any of Oprah's friends were told never to endorse Gastric Bypass so I was surprised that Dr. Oz did.
He did a good job of explaining and being positive on how good it is as a tool.
Shelley L.
on 1/23/12 7:13 am - Canada
I thought it was very good!
Rachel O.
on 1/23/12 7:33 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 03/02/12
I watched it with my MIL  and she was really shocked at how small the "pouch" will be. I have explained to her before but to see it on Dr OZ she was shocked. Good thing is he answered a lot of her questions she didn't want to ask me about. :) 
ericaFG
on 1/23/12 7:49 am - Cambridge, Canada
 He had a big graphic of a vertical sleeve gastrectomy on the wall behind his head.  But I didn't hear him talk about anything other than Rny and Lap band.

That said - he did give a balanced view (IMHO).
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/12 7:53 am - Canada
Im at work so I missed it. Im really surprised to hear that he gave good info. Usually he gives half-assed info about things like this. Lol! Can you tell I'm not a Dr. Oz fan?!?!
DonnaB1952
on 1/23/12 7:53 am - Amherstburg, Canada
RNY on 01/18/12
I also watched it just now on time shifting... Dr Oz did an excellent job of explaining everything. Interesting how medicine is not thinking of changing the BMI to 30 for someone who has diabetes as it is being looked at for resolving the critical health issues and costs associated to a life with diabetes... in long run cheaper and far healthy for these people...  in addition to those with bariatic health issues still requiring BMI of 35 w/comorbities or over 40 otherwise.

Interesting research... pretty awesome seeing the actual surgery and what they did to us! :)

My Journey: Highest W= 349 Loss w/Weight Watchers= 296 Loss w/Optifast= 278 
Referral: Aug.25/11 Orientation: Sept.26/11, Optifast: Dec.28/11 & Surgery: Jan 18/12 

Total Loss= 187 lbs & Weight Loss since Dec 28/2011 w/Opti+WLS= 134 lbs. 

Current Weight  - April 2013 = 162.2

Smurfette579
on 1/23/12 7:58 am - Canada
Funny you should mention this.  I had a dream last night that I was in the operating room ready to have my surgery and in walked Dr. Oz.  He was going to perform the surgery on me. 

Wish I'd seen the show.
Toni B.
on 1/23/12 8:27 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
 thanks for the heads-up, I taped it! Going to watch tomorrow!

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Most Active