Why optifast

Penny85
on 1/11/12 4:15 am - Guelph, Canada
I for one enjoyed Optifast.  The first day I drank all 4 shakes just plain. Second day I decided to up the amount of water (from 300mL to 600+ml),  ad 3-4 ice cubes and added flavourings to them. 

For the chocolate I bought a bottle of decaf instant coffee.  I'm not a big coffee fan but I added one heaping teaspoon of the coffee and one pkg of Splenda and it tasted pretty close to an Iced Capp.

For the vanillas I would have the same amount of water (600+mL), 3-4 ice cubes and I would add a pkg of crystal light.  My favourites were the raspberry ice but I also liked the Food Basics no name fruit punch.  I would put a bit of water in the bottle and mix the pkg of crystals first before adding the Opti.  I had one vanilla Opti curdle on me, and with that one I didn't mix the crystal light before adding the Opti.  After a few days of having nothing but the Opti I found that a whole pkg of crystal light was too strong so I would only add half of a pack to each shake.

Sorry, that was really long, I hope some of this will help you with getting all your shakes in.

Pre-opti-  289 lbs    Surgery-  283.8 lbs    Current-  209 lbs    Surgeons Goal-  180    My Goal-  150 lbs

Referral sent - June 2010          Surgery date - December 14, 2011       Referral to surgery - 18 months

Dianadcr
on 1/11/12 4:16 am - Canada
You're so right and in the scope of things opti is no big deal. Thanks for the perspective Simona
  Diana

Dianadcr
on 1/11/12 4:20 am - Canada
Thanks Penny. I'll try the crystal lite. Or other flavorings. Good idea.!
  Diana

Leanne1
on 1/11/12 4:26 am - Newmarket, Canada
I used Crystal lite tangerine. I also put 2tsp of cocoa into the vanilla, it tasted just like the chocolate
alexforest
on 1/11/12 4:51 am - Canada
Diana i stomach it now , just put it in a blender with ice,, the crushed ice makes it taste like a smootie, one day i had five and didn't even realize it, i think my liver has shrank so much they'll have trouble finding it..lol .. keep it up,, almost there lady...
Kathy R.
on 1/11/12 8:03 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 01/27/12
oh, the cocoa is a great idea!!
Kathy         StevesGal (Beth) is my wonderful angel     SURGERY January 27, 2012
HW: 297  Weight at referral: 285  Weight 1st appt: 276  Start of Optifast: 262

MisterDiminishing
on 1/11/12 10:16 pm - Windsor, Canada
Don't forget what the Ontario guidelines say about caffeine absention.   The dietician reminded me of this when I mentioned I too was using cocoa, albeit occasionally.

JJ_
on 1/11/12 6:38 am
Hi Diana,

After about 4-5 days, I found that I didn`t mind the taste.  I used cold water (600 ml**** opti - chocolate and my shaker bottle.  It had a lid, and I drank it down.  It became a routine and easy to handle.  I usually added a SF jello with lunch Opti, and a chicken broth in the evening after dinner.

Keep your chin up.  You can do it.  Not much longer now.

Judy
Dianadcr
on 1/11/12 7:22 am - Canada
Alex, you're too funny. I had my four so thanks for all the encouragement. Five, wow!
  Diana

Dianadcr
on 1/11/12 7:23 am - Canada
Judy, good suggestion, I like your evening menu. Thanks.
  Diana

Most Active