Why optifast

Dianadcr
on 1/11/12 2:34 am - Canada
Is the role of optifast to shrink the liver or to lose weight and therefore the liver will shrink. I am trying so hard with optifast and have difficulty getting that fourth one in.
  Diana

Radiogirl39
on 1/11/12 2:42 am - Canada
My surgeon said he didn't care about weight loss of OF, it's sole purpose was to shrink the liver and get it out of the way for surgery.  One end sits atop the stomach and the larger you are and/or the worse your diet, the more that is on top of it and is at risk of being nicked and causing bleeding.

There are so many things to put in them to make them better, and you should really try to get all four in, because the calories are so low you could become weak.  For the vanilla I used Crystal Light tangerine.  I would actually look forward to them because they tasted like a dessert.  For the chocolate, mint extract was really good.  Its just really strong so don't use too much.  Good luck!

Julie

Dianadcr
on 1/11/12 2:58 am - Canada
Thanks for the information Julie. I will an effort to start getting in all four. I haven't cheated at all just denied myself of that fourth one. Ah shucks!
  Diana

Monica M.
on 1/11/12 3:11 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
I never understood how people couldnt get all four shakes in. THe answer you received already is a good one. Keep at it, Diana!

Dianadcr
on 1/11/12 3:14 am - Canada
I'm pretty tough but this thing is so unpalatable. I know suck it up. Okay Monica I'll raise my fourth glass to you. Cheers.
  Diana

Monica M.
on 1/11/12 3:33 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
suck it up, buttercup!!! 

Catw
on 1/11/12 3:43 am - Arnprior, Canada
You definitely need that 4th shake in, drinking all 4 each day will help with healing after surgery as well as shrink the liver before surgery. 

I know it's hard to drink them, I did chocolate.  I ended up mixing mine with 12 oz of very cold water, if it wasn't cold enough, it wouldn't go down as well.  If you don't have cold tap water, once you finish one shake, wash the shaker and put the water in it, then store that in the fridge, it will cool it off enough, don't put it in the freezer or you'll have an ice cube (did that once).

Just remember that this is only for a short time. It will be over before you know it.

Cathy

MisterDiminishing
on 1/11/12 3:44 am - Windsor, Canada
Not every step of the way is guaranteed to be pleasant. And by time time you are out of surgery, Optifast will actually seem like a minor footnote.

Dianadcr
on 1/11/12 3:48 am - Canada
You're absolutely right Mr. diminishing. This is a small sacrifice to achieve the end result. I get it now. Thanks. No more whining.
Cathy thanks for the suggestion. Here goes.
  Diana

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/12 4:13 am - Canada
"Not every step of the way is guaranteed to be pleasant."

I like this!  So true with all aspects of life, isnt it?!
Most Active