my hair is starting to thin!

Brandy S.
on 1/1/12 1:43 pm - Sudbury, Canada
well my hair is starting to feel a little bit thinner.. I havent noticed much loose hair yet.(knock on wood)  I am thinking maybe I should get a hair cut soon so I dont notice it as much.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas holiday and New years!
Brandyyy  
lexxiblue
on 1/1/12 6:41 pm
RNY on 01/11/12
hi brandy
i've been taking biotin for the past month.. surgery is jan 11 - who knows if it will help with the hair..but i have noticed my nails getting stronger (i used to wear acrylics for years and 4 years ago they got infected real bad and became very brittle).  good luck to you!!
deb
Gabygee
on 1/1/12 6:47 pm - Canada
The hairloss stops after awhile. It gets thinner as your body goes through the starvation shock, and then it starts to come back.
My thinning lasted about 6 months.

Others have mentioned Biotin - does it really work?

Manda M.
on 1/1/12 7:25 pm
I'm seriously considering a hair cut today. I don't want hair loss to depress me and my hair grows so damn fast it will be back in no time.
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

on_my_way2011
on 1/1/12 7:58 pm - Canada
Over the last week or so I have noticed a lot of loose hair on my shoulders.  I made the mistake of running my hand through my hair to see exactly how loose it is...and was shocked at the fistful of hair I had!  I am three months out, so this is just the beginning I guess!!

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

torytt
on 1/1/12 8:05 pm
Try vegetal silica and or biotin
mamaty
on 1/1/12 9:08 pm
I have losta ton of hair. I'm thinking about gettinga Bob cut. it started falling out about a month ago and i can really notice it. personally i ha e really thick hair so i have been ok for the most part but i dont like looking at my hairbrush because it makes me anxious about how much hair i have lost. i have a hair and nails vitamin i have started that is biotin and some other vitamins so hopefully that helps.

Manda M.
on 1/1/12 10:01 pm
Biotin helps with the regrowth of new hair and doesn't stop you losing hair. One thing that few people have also failed to mention that a side effect of Biotin is acne (not everyone) and increased hair growth on unwanted places (your face). I am going to stick with a balanced diet and it will grow back.
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

ericaFG
on 1/1/12 10:33 pm - Cambridge, Canada
 research is not definitive on the value of biotin.  Some people swear by it, but scientists say there isn't proof of it working.

What IS supposed to be proven is keeping your protien up.  Like, WAY up.  75g a day consistently.  
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/12 10:37 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
My protein was always over 100 grams per day and I still lost it.  Dark brown long hair was everywhere so I just got it cut short and at least it wasn't as obvious.  I lost 50 lbs the first 6 weeks after surgery and mix that with the anesthetic and I was doomed for hair loss. 
Most Active