It's a nightmare to transfer centres.

trudylam
on 12/8/11 5:15 am - Sudbury, Canada
Just wanted to give anyone who is interested in switching centres post-op a heads up here.  Back in September I decided to have my file transferred over from Hamilton to HRRH for my post op follow-ups because HRRH is about half the distance for me to travel and I was having a hard time keeping my appointments because a 5 minute appointment in Hamilton turned into an all day expedition.  I called HRRH and they said that they would approve the transfer, I would just have to get Hamilton to email them a transfer request.  Sounded simple enough.  I called Hamilton a few times and was led to believe that this was a simple undertaking and they would do it as soon as they could.  OK, no hurry.  Fast forward 3 months later and I am still waiting for this to be done.  Now Hamilton is telling me that this has to go through the registry and that they are what's holding up this process.  So I try calling the registry and they aren't in all this week.  And the funny thing is, the "Registry" is in the same hospital as the Bariatric Clinic so they just have to dial an extention to find out what the hold up is!  So now I'm overdue on my 6 month follow-up appointment so I am sure I'm going to get some grief about that when I finally get in there.  I thought all my waiting would be over after I had the surgery...not the case!  I really wish the people that run this program would get their stories straight for once.  I could have been dealing with this 3 months ago if they had told me what the problem was back then.  GRRRRRR.

Ok, rant over.

Monica M.
on 12/8/11 5:20 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
and...... breathe..........

frustrating. You would think these tings are simple, but, yeah, like you said, they're not.

hope it works out for you.

trudylam
on 12/8/11 5:24 am - Sudbury, Canada
LOL, I am breathing now.  It takes everything out of me not to lose my cool on the phone with them but I know "you catch more flies with honey"..... 
Monica M.
on 12/8/11 5:27 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
lol. definitely. Do you make stupid faces and stuff while you're on the phone? i always do. My voice is sweet as pie, but i'm sticking out my tongue and rolling my eyes at the stupidity. lol

trudylam
on 12/8/11 5:29 am - Sudbury, Canada
OMG YES!!!  LOL.  Can you picture a conversation between us?!?  That would be hilarious!
Monica M.
on 12/8/11 5:42 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
omg i'd pay to watch!!!!

Sher1ock
on 12/8/11 11:31 am - Canada
To Trudylam and Monica..one word...SKYPE!

Monica M.
on 12/8/11 11:43 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
lol... that'd be fun.

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/11 5:49 am, edited 12/8/11 6:01 am - Canada
Go through the Registry? I transferred from Ottawa to HRRH for my surgery and back to Ottawa right after my surgery with no troubles at all. As a matter of a fact I had my first appointment in Ottawa less than a week after requesting to be transferred back. All HRRH had to do was call over and transfer my file.

Either this is a very new procedure or someone is very sadly mistaken on the Hamilton end
trudylam
on 12/8/11 5:58 am - Sudbury, Canada
I am starting to think it was an excuse to buy them more time because they have dropped the ball so many times.  That's why I called the registry because I think that someone in Hamilton is grossly misinformed.  :)
Most Active
Recent Topics