Date with the surgeon

Dianadcr
on 11/29/11 12:13 am - Canada
Okay, I'm still in happy land from the Meds they gave me yesterday for the scope. To add to the "happy", I got my date with the surgeon. It's dr Gomorah at st joe's in Hamilton. Is it normal to feel happy but also suddenly thinking that maybe I don't want to go through with it?
  Diana

Monica M.
on 11/29/11 2:29 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
That's a normal feeling. Diana. It's starting to feel more real, the risks become more real, the 'maybe i should try to do this on my own" feelings start to come out. Take your time to make the decision. It shouldnt be taken lightly. But don't stop the process. You can make the decision not to go through with surgery, right up until the anaesthetist puts the medication into your IV. You can literally get up off the gurney and say "i'm out. See you later, sorry for your trouble".

Breathe. Make yourself a list of pros and cons, decide what you decide.

Hugs, and best of luck to you.

Dianadcr
on 11/29/11 3:32 am - Canada
Monica thanks for your words of support and encouragement. You won't believe my stupidity but I was thinking of food - no more ice cream, Christmas the way I used to eat, thanksgiving - the way I gorged . I was just having a pity party but I really want the surgery so bad. Shame on me. I think I got a grip. Thanks for being a sounding board. Cheers. Diana
Monica M.
on 11/29/11 3:57 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Oh i hear you, sister. I'm bummed by the lack of ice cream  and chocolate in my diet. But the ability to tie my shoes, sit in a theatre seat, go shopping all day with my girls, wear cute pants and tops, all that outweighs (lol) the losses.

I really like that now i'm in control of the food i eat, its no longer in control of me.

I kind of sort of skipped tgiving this year, and i'm not quite sure how i'm going to do at christmas. But, with the family/food events i have had, its been more about the people i'm with, than the food i eat, which is the way it should be. Tgiving and Xmas are about being with family, not gorging yoruself on pumpkin pie.

It's ok to lose your grip once in a while. Hugs.

mon

Dianadcr
on 11/29/11 4:05 am - Canada
Thanks for the words of wisdom. Nonetheless I am really really happy!
Carole1974
on 11/29/11 4:17 am - Welland, Canada
Dr Gmora is a great surgeon he will make you feel very at eaze,  easy to talk to. I was thinking like you as well but after talking to him I was more ready for this surgery then anything . And yes it's normal to feel happy and scared : Best of luck on your journey

St Joes Hamilton Ref Sent 01/20/11 Surgery 08/23/11 with Dr.Gmora. My  Tanya T

Dianadcr
on 11/29/11 4:21 am - Canada
Thanks for your support Carole. I am very happy.
MrsJButler
on 11/29/11 5:47 am - Canada
YAY! It makes me so happy when people post about getting Dr.Gmora, hes amazing! Please feel free to join us over on Facebook, a lot of us had had surgery there and me along with others have had Dr.Gmora.
Just search Dr.Gmora and we will pop up!
Dianadcr
on 11/29/11 5:49 am - Canada
Thanks. I am so looking forward to the meeting. Cheers. Diana
Brenda T.
on 11/29/11 8:09 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Congratulations on your date with the surgeon.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Most Active