I did something I NEVER thought I'd do.....

trudylam
on 11/26/11 12:12 am - Sudbury, Canada
I booked the family a night at Great Wolf Lodge.  It's not until Valentine's Day but I am so excited.  Before this surgery the thought of water slides and lazy rivers scared the crap out of me.  There was no way I would haul my growing ass up to the top of a water slide just to crash land like a whale at the bottom!  LOL  Nice visual, huh?!  But this year is different!  I don't care if people don't like what they see, I know I have worked damn hard to be where I am.  I am going to ride those water rides with the kids and love every minute of it.  This summer...Wonderland! :)

Great Wolf has a great winter promo going.  The promo code is RESCAPE if you are interested. :)  Living life and loving it! :)

Trudy.

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/11 12:15 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Enjoy yourself there.  My sis brought the family there 2 years ago and they all loved it.  My attitude has always been, I don't give a **** what you think, if you don't like what you see then don't look.
trudylam
on 11/26/11 12:19 am - Sudbury, Canada
I was that way too until I started getting rude comments from total strangers.  I didn't care what they thought of me but I would have been mortified if they had said something rude about me in front of my family.  Some people are just ********
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/11 12:24 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I never had anyone brave enough to insult me to my face but I am sure they were yapping full force behind my back.  Anyone that would make rude comments to someone due to their size are beyond ********tatus in my books.  The rudest thing anyone ever said to me was 2 years after I had my son, a salesclerk asked me when I was due.  I know she wasn't being rude as I'm sure I still looked preggers but her jaw dropped when I said I was due 2 years ago.
Gabygee
on 11/26/11 12:35 am - Canada
That salesclerk is a perfect example of somebody not meaning to hurt you.

I am still mortified over something I did two years ago to a woman at work.
With her first two children, I had been a bit of a resource for she and her husband, babysitting the odd time, taking an interest in the kids, helping them with a little bit of health research when they needed it.
I was so happy for them when I thought she was expecting again - so I asked, in such a cheery way, when she was due.

All three of us had a very awkward moment when she told me "no, I'm just fat`- I stammered something out about being sorry - and she`s never spoken to me since.
I feel horrible and I wish there was something I could do to change it - but I can`t.

I really didn`t mean to be mean. I meant to be happy with them.
So cut people a BIT of slack sometimes - sometimes they are rude and idiotic, and other times they`re just idiotic - like me.

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/11 1:37 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
This woman apologized over and over after she picked up her jaw and I just laughed about it and told her it was fine.  I really wasn't insulted as I know I probably still looked pregnant and I was only 26 years old so a very good question to ask a young woman of child bearing years.  I bet she thought twice before ever commenting on someone's pregnancy though.  I guess bottom line of my story is that is the worst that was ever said to me and it wasn't meant to be mean but it could have been rude to some.

As for your friend, it's too bad she can't see that you were just being happy for them and nothing more.  Maybe someday she will realize it and apologize to you for cutting you out of their lives.
Brenda T.
on 11/26/11 12:32 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Oh that will be fun!! have a great time!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

DonnaB1952
on 11/26/11 1:47 am - Amherstburg, Canada
RNY on 01/18/12
Hey Trudy that's wonderful... I can see you now... feeling just like a kid again... I hope you squeal all the way down the slide in glee...LOL... now that sounds like fun!
Enjoy, Donna

My Journey: Highest W= 349 Loss w/Weight Watchers= 296 Loss w/Optifast= 278 
Referral: Aug.25/11 Orientation: Sept.26/11, Optifast: Dec.28/11 & Surgery: Jan 18/12 

Total Loss= 187 lbs & Weight Loss since Dec 28/2011 w/Opti+WLS= 134 lbs. 

Current Weight  - April 2013 = 162.2

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/11 1:58 am - Canada
You're gonna LOVE it! I took the family there for a long weekend. I didn't wear a swimsuit - shorts & a t-shirt and I had a great time. Nobody really notices you because everyones having a good time. I did feel bad that I was too heavy (353lbs at the time) to go on the lazy river. That looked relaxing.

I'm looking forward to going back.
StevesGal
on 11/26/11 2:29 am - Hamilton, Canada
Have a wonderful time!  I'm looking forward to taking my family there sometime soon.

I've been at Wild Waterworks and gone down the slide at my highest weight.  If I was younger (in my 20s/30s), especially when I was still with (or just after I left) my ex-h, I would have been mortified to be out in public in anything that didn't cover from head to toe, even in summer.  Now I'm just too damn old to give a crap!  Plus, it teaches my kids that it doesn't matter what you look like, as long as you love yourself.

BTW:  I also have an intentional insult story.  I was walking thru the Toronto Eaton Centre and a bunch of teenagers walked past, made a comment about my 'fat ass'.  So I stopped, looke down at my behind and said, "Where the hell did THAT come from?  It wasn't there when I left the house!"  They turned red and the people on the bench giggled.  Deflat their comment and they're embarrassed, not you.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Most Active
Recent Topics