Kids say the darndest things.

trudylam
on 11/26/11 5:36 am - Sudbury, Canada
I was fooling around with some pictures and I put a shot of my face  from before surgery and one from a couple of days ago side by side.  I was looking at it and thinking to myself how crappy I looked in the before picture.  My oldest son (7) came over to see what I was doing so I showed him the pictures.  I asked him which picture he liked the best.  I was shocked when he said that I looked beautiful in the before picture!!!  He said he liked them both and I look happy in the after picture but he likes the other one.  OMG, I cried!  I was so in love with him at that very second.  He loves me no matter what I look like and he saw the person behind that exterior that I am trying to get rid of.  Children have the greatest hearts, I hope he keeps it forever. 

Here's the picture!

Brenda T.
on 11/26/11 5:56 am, edited 11/25/11 5:57 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Aww that is so sweet, my kids are grown but my youngest said he only knows me heavy and that is his mom and he doesn't want to lose me. So that is the face he knows and has a relationship with the longest.
You are beautiful in both pictures. You are doing great!!

Edited to add; give him a huge from the old lady on OH. lol

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

StevesGal
on 11/26/11 6:44 am - Hamilton, Canada
Trudy, that boy desires a great big hug from everyone on this board!

Brenda, tell your son that he's not losing YOU, you're losing weight.  And afterwards, he'll be able to get his hugs all the way around you!  (And he'll have you around a lot longer, too.)

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Brenda T.
on 11/26/11 6:54 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
You're right.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Kristen D.
on 11/26/11 6:55 am - Kingston , Canada
That is awesome! My five year old said he was so happy when my "tummy got fixed" cause now I could run as fast as the wind and play much more longer with him. Now he calls me his "little tiny mummy"

My Angel is Karen M

Monica M.
on 11/26/11 7:01 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
what a sweetheart

JJ_
on 11/26/11 7:19 am
Awwww, that is so sweet.

Judy
Megan M.
on 11/26/11 10:46 am - Canada
That brought a tear to my eye.  What a special relationship.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

pinkjellybean
on 11/26/11 10:51 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
Awwww that's sooo sweet!  Kids are just amazing sometimes.

My son once told me that he was happy I was so snuggly and gave the best hugs!

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Most Active
Recent Topics