What size portions are you eating?

prdmomof3
on 11/25/11 7:14 am - Canada
I am going on 7 months out and I am not sure if I am eating to much or just right...the weight is coming off just fine, I drink all my water and get my vitamins daily...

I was told that my meals should fit into a 1 cup measuring cup and eat my protein first, but there are days that I eat more then that I am sure of it.....

Just wondering if anyone else can give me an idea of what you are eating portions wise??

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Michelle.

Quinns_mommy
on 11/25/11 8:06 am, edited 11/24/11 8:07 pm
Hi Michelle. I am about 6.5 months out as well, and I would say that my portions fit into a measuring cup for sure.... unless it's all dense protein, then it's about 1/2 cup before I get super full. I have noticed in the last month or so that I am able to eat a lot more volume wise, so I am having to be really careful in making sure it is good stuff. :)

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
Gabygee
on 11/25/11 9:05 am - Canada
Hey Michelle -
I'm 8 months out, and my portions are just under 1 cup - but I still have times when I get the Foamies if I don't take that VERY slow.
So I'd say 3/4 cup is my comfort level, a little more if it's not very dense.

ibed
on 11/25/11 10:29 am
hi michelle, i'm at about the 6month mark and i can only get about 1/2c in at a time, i do eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks.  some days i eat bigger snacks then other days but still within that 1/2c.  i don't want to push the pouch and feel satisfied with what i do eat.  i too get all my water and vits.  i'm sure it will change.  apparently 1c/meal is what we should end up eating but everyone is different.  you could check with your nut at your centre at your next apt and get their opinion as to where you should be at this stage.
happypants
on 11/25/11 9:40 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Michelle I had my surgery July 22nd and I can get a cup in but it really depends what it is. If it is dense protein then thats a different story.

An example is during the work week when I don't have much time in the morning I will have one slice of ACE whole grain organic bread w natural peanut butter. I can only eat one slice. If I am having salad w chicken I can eat more.

Keep in mind that everyone is different. I would suggest tracking your food on fit-day or sparkpeople to see how much protein, carbs etc you are getting in each day. If you need to include more snacks to meet your dietary needs then at least you will know this. :)

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Karen W.
on 11/25/11 9:59 pm - Canada
I eat about a cup at breakfast (yogurt with fruit).  I definitely eat more than a cup when I have something like chicken and salad, but apparently that's ok according my NUT and to some folks on OH that I asked as the salad is mostly water.  I'm pretty sure I go over a cup fairly regularly.  I'm eating 1000-1200 calories and 65-80 g of protein daily.  I've been stalling a lot lately (2 consecutive 3-week stalls separated by a 3 lb loss) but seem to have started losing again.

RNY April 11, 2011       

Most Active
Recent Topics