Do you eat nuts?

prdmomof3
on 11/21/11 5:02 am - Canada
I have been told that they are high in protein but high in calores, are they ok in small portions as a quick snack?  And if so what kind would you recommend?

Michelle.

Karen M.
on 11/21/11 5:07 am - Mississauga, Canada
  That's a rather personal question.

Just kidding. lol  *sigh*  I truly do amuse myself.  But I digress.......

Yes, I love them and eat all kinds of them.  Likely the best for you are almonds, which I love! Very okay in small portions as a tiny snack - good protein and good fat.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/11 6:37 am - Canada
 my inner immature child giggled at this too..
(deactivated member)
on 11/21/11 6:42 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I giggled too Mike, so you aren't alone.  Those nuts I don't eat but every other kind I do in moderation.
Megan M.
on 11/21/11 6:46 am - Canada
Took a minute, but I got it!  You're rather naughty today! 

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Karen M.
on 11/21/11 7:06 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

PatXYZ
on 11/21/11 5:12 am
An ounce of nuts makes a great snack, lots of protein and good-for-you fats and fibre. Most kinds of nuts are ok, BUT pistachios, cashews and chestnuts are significantly higher in carbs than other nuts. Natural walnuts, hazelnuts, peanuts, pecans, pine nuts, brazil nuts, and almonds are all great choices.
sam1am
on 11/21/11 5:22 am
I try to avoid (try being the key word), the salted ones, as I tend to eat more of them.  I like to get nuts in the shell when possible too, because they take longer to eat and I get full quicker.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Audra_and_Todd
on 11/21/11 5:23 am - Barrie, Canada
I eat nuts. But it's a small amount when I do. I've had no issues with them. (knock on wood)
HW: 330/1ST GW: 165 achieved/2ND GW: 155/CW: 161                            
Patti K.
on 11/21/11 5:24 am, edited 11/21/11 5:25 am - Kingston On, Canada
Michelle...I like the dry roasted almonds from the Bulk Barn...but they have gotten quite expensive over the past 6 or 8 months...Patti K.

Most Active
Recent Topics