what do you eat when you have the flue?

prdmomof3
on 11/15/11 2:24 am - Canada
I think the flue has found me, went to work and came home, pulled over on the hwy to puke(sorry) and a cop pulled over to see if i was ok, when he seen what I was doing went back to his car and got some wet naps for me...lol Massive headache now, taking some gravol and crawling into bed...YUCK!

Just wondering what to eat/drink since we have to keep our protein in check?? Or do I just wait it out and worry about it when I feel better?

Michelle.

Monica M.
on 11/15/11 2:31 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
wait it out. Get your protein into you if you can, but if you're just going to make yourself sick then it doesnt really work does it?

sip on fluids, most important to keep up your hydration. Take some gravol, go to bed. shhhhhh.... there there.....

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/11 2:32 am - Canada
I wouldnt treat the flu any different post-op as I would pre-op.  Get in fluids if you can - water, tea, etc...I wouldnt worry about protein - anything heavy will end up making you sick.  Rest, take some tylenol, rest some more.

Take care.
PatXYZ
on 11/15/11 4:19 am
The flu doesn't make you puke. You either have gastroenteritis or food poisoning. If you continue to dry heave after you've thrown everything up or can't keep down any liquids after 6-8 hours, you need to go to an ER.
Karen M.
on 11/15/11 8:06 am - Mississauga, Canada
Exactly.  It's so funny how people call a stomach bug "the flu".

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics