I got ogled.

charm64
on 11/15/11 1:45 am - Cambridge, Canada
 You go! Keep your head held high!  Confidence is sexy!

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

CC1964
on 11/15/11 3:14 am - Lindsay, Canada
I'm glad that getting some attention made you feel special. I totally get that.

However, I can't help but be a bit disturbed at the fact that really good women have to lose 100lbs to get noticed for being the amazing people they have always been. My feminist blood starts to boil.
Cathie  

Surgery - January 11/12        
Monica M.
on 11/15/11 3:38 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
if you think about it too much, sure. Just ask yourself the question, who do you ogle, when you ogle. For me, its the hot guys. I treat everyone the same as far as getting to know them, and there are some awesome men out there who aren't ogling material.

But when i want some eye candy, its the 25 - 50, hardbodies i look at.

Sher1ock
on 11/15/11 4:14 am - Canada
It is undeniably true that as weight comes off, more people give us the once-over, but I also wonder to what extent I am simply seeing more people looking my way just because my own eyes aren't downcast anymore.  I'm not sure why I was always looking down...unless it was to try to catch a glimpse of my toes, which wasn't always easy.

northernlight
on 11/15/11 5:31 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Good point Janet! I really think that you are on to something. I have also been one of those women who looked down a lot.  In my case, I think that it was because I was ashamed of my size and I didn't want to look anyone in the eye & see a look of disgust or pity on their face. What a shame that so many of us feel so "unworthy" or "de-valued" just because we're overweight. Too many people don't bother to try to get to know us - it's easier to believe the stereotypes that if you're fat you must be a lazy slob who doesn't care about  her appearance.  Believe me, I know a lot of thin, attractive women who are so inconsiderate and clueless that I wouldn't let them take care of my dog! We have got to start loving ourselves more!!!! Sorry for getting up on my soapbox, but this whole scenario of feeling unattractive and not valued really gets to me.........

Deb

tango123
on 11/15/11 8:56 am
That is amazing. Take the ego boost and run with it. Next time as you exit say "you know you want  it"
lol :) and giggle to yourself!
Most Active
Recent Topics