I got ogled.

trudylam
on 11/15/11 12:41 am - Sudbury, Canada
I am not quite sure what to think of this!  Yesterday, I had to go for a meeting with an HR manager of a plastic manufacturing company for one of my assignments for school.  We went into his office which was on the other side of the cafeteria so we had to walk through the cafeteria to get to it.  When we went in to the meeting there was only a few guys in there eating their lunch and they paid no attention to us as we walked through their lunch space.  On the way out, however, the room was packed with men eating and socializing.  I was terrified to walk through them because I have always been so self- concious of bad looks, evil comments and all the fun stuff that comes with being super morbidly obese.  I decided that I was going to walk through that room with my head held high because I will never see these people again, what do I care what they think of me.  So I started walking (strutting) through those men and the only stares I got were the kind that pretty women get when they pass by a group of horny construction workers! LOL.  I am partially flattered and partially creeped out!  LOL.  It's amazing how people treat you so much differently once the weight starts coming off. :)
Monica M.
on 11/15/11 12:52 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
that happened to me too!! about a month ago, i was walking through the halls at work (full of men, i work in a max secure psych hospital), and totally got  "the look", up and down, by a guy. younger guy too, not some old creepy man. It was weird and cool all at the same time! lol

NurseTammy
on 11/15/11 5:03 am - Hamilton, Canada
Hijack ...

Monica,

Where do you work?  I am at St. Joe's in Hamilton (Former HPH) on the mountain.  I am having the same problem.  Plus some people with mental health issues lack the filter that most people have....they tend to shout things like 'Your ass isn't as big as before' in a room full of people.  LOL
Tammy
328 - Highest Weight
305 - Surgery Weight- July 26th, 2011

Monica M.
on 11/15/11 5:06 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
you work in the secure forensic part? we probably know a lot of the same clients.

I'm at Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care. (formerly Mental Health Centre Penetanguishene, Oak RIdge).
I get some of that unfiltered stuff too, but i take it with a grain of salt. Not offended, they're just being honest. My ass isnt as big as it used to be. lol

NurseTammy
on 11/15/11 5:17 am - Hamilton, Canada
I am mostly situated in the Acute Admissions and Specialized Treatment area (which means treatment resistive and violent) .... basically if we can't fix em', they go the 'Pen' as we call it .. lol.   I do a few shift on the Secure wards .... LOVE it.  I am actually looking for a career change into Forensics, mostly because it is expanding SO much at St. Joe's with the new building and there will be tons of opportunies, potentiallty doing out-patient treatments for those in Community.  But that will be a few years probably (building is going up super fast).  Actually, one of our high profile clients just came back in the past few months from the Pen ..... you guys worked your magic for sure. 
Tammy
328 - Highest Weight

Monica M.
on 11/15/11 6:48 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Hey, you're welcome! lol

I used to work in an area like you do, which was that, and our regional forensics unit.  Forensics is the area to be in right now, for sure. Lots of funding. I worked as a forensic Outpatient Case Manager for a couple of years, which was really awesome. Good luck. Are you an rn or rpn?

NurseTammy
on 11/15/11 5:18 pm - Hamilton, Canada
RN, what is your designation? I would love to eventually go to straight days instead of shift work.....but I love 12 hour shifts right now....LOVE having time off during the week, but it is hard to regulate eating and such. The move to Forensics is in my three year plan, lol.
Tammy
328 - Highest Weight

Monica M.
on 11/15/11 5:37 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
RN as well, and i know what you mean about the 12 hr shifts, i do miss my days off during the week. But the days shifts sure help with organizing my life. Anything i can do to help your transition, Tammy, let me know what you need.

TBIYTC
on 11/15/11 1:36 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
That's great ladies - it must be a fun diversion (as long as it doesn't get creepy)!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

ToNewBeginnings
on 11/15/11 1:41 am

I didn't make a lot of eye contact because I was ashamed of my looks.
Now , like you my head is held higher. I now look at people directly and catch men checking me out and then quickly looking away. It's empowering.

Most Active
Recent Topics