Scenic Caves

trudylam
on 10/20/11 2:28 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Hello everyone!

Man, I meant to post this earlier in the week but this week has been HELL!!! 

Ok, this Sunday October 23rd we are supposed to go to the Scenic Caves in Collingwood.  I called there today to see what the conditions are like because of all this rain and they said that it's "muddy and floody".  She said that the trails are mushy and they don't see it getting better before Sunday because there's still rain on the way.  Is there anyone still interested in going on Sunday?  Please let me know because there's been a bunch of people who have had to back out.  I just don't want to get all the way up there only to discover that no one shows up. :)  I also don't want anyone to get hurt by slipping in the mud or on the rocks.  Knowing me, I'd break a hip or something.  If we have to reschedule it, we'll do it in the spring.  More people would probably be able to come because I know some of the newbies to the bench wanted to come out but just aren't physically capable right now.  Let me know peeps. :)  Are we rescheduling???

Donnaslifepart2
on 10/20/11 8:16 pm - Canada
So disappointed to hear the trail is like that.  DH and I booked a hotel in Toronto to spend the day there and then head to Collingwood on Sunday morning.  We were going to make a weekend of it.

I guess we'll just have to spend the Sunday wandering around the AGO or through the St. Lawrence market....or maybe both.  I'm sure we can think of something to do on a Sunday afternoon in T.O.

Please plan another event in the spring and we will be there.

Hugs
trudylam
on 10/20/11 10:17 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Hugs back to you Donna! :)  This rain has put a damper on everything.  Has it been bad down your way too? 

Have fun in Toronto, I have never been to the AGO but I love the St. Lawrence Market.  We used to go there on school field trips when I was a kid but that was a loong time ago ;) 

We'll reschedule for sometime in April or May I think.  If you are ever up in the Barrie area, let me know.  I'd love to meet ya! :)

See you soon, hope all is well :)
Trudy.

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/11 11:35 pm - Guelph, Canada
 the everything about sex show is on at the metro toronto convention center... you know if you get bored..LOL 
trudylam
on 10/20/11 11:52 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Ohhh, that sounds fun!  I wonder if I could dump my kids off with my parents for a few hours...Thanks for the heads up. :)
Monica M.
on 10/21/11 12:01 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
now that's a show i could get interested in lol

Monica M.
on 10/20/11 9:31 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
you already know i can't come. Would definitely like to go in the spring.

trudylam
on 10/20/11 10:18 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Sounds good my friend.  Just keep November 19th open.  Gonna see us some vampires! :)
Monica M.
on 10/20/11 10:53 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
i've got that one written on my calendar in blooooood, dahlink!! (and, just so i dont ask stupid questions during the movie, i'm reading the books ahead of time)

laura S.
on 10/20/11 11:29 pm - London, Canada
If it is mushy there is probably no point in going.  Definitely want to go in the spring though.  By then I'll be healthy enough to keep up with everyone too!  LOL

Was looking forward to it though.  Who knows.. maybe we'll get a dry spell?  LOL 

Laura

Most Active
Recent Topics