plastics in Havana

BelleVie
on 10/12/11 10:24 am
Was your surgeon the same one that is on this link...

http://www.direct-healthcare.com/dr_de_clercq.htm
dancingdaisy
on 10/12/11 11:04 am - Canada
On October 12, 2011 at 5:24 PM Pacific Time, BelleVie wrote:
Was your surgeon the same one that is on this link...

http://www.direct-healthcare.com/dr_de_clercq.htm
I would assume that was her bariactric surgeon...not her plastic surgeon
Montysmom
on 10/13/11 1:34 am - St Thomas, Canada
That is my RNY doctor in Belgium AWESOME so up to date
BelleVie
on 10/13/11 5:02 am
I was just trying to get my head around it all...I do know the difference between a bariatric surgeon and a plastic surgeon...and I can read...and google information...like the post following, I thought it all sounded like a sales pitch. Sorry!
Montysmom
on 10/13/11 2:47 am - St Thomas, Canada
OK girl's I am having so many e.mails here is the personal e.mails of the surgeons...
Tell 'em Jennifer in Ontario sent you LOL
[email protected]
[email protected]

I can't make out the writing of DR. oolong or dreamy Vladimere (Antonio Banderes) so the two others are for the female doctors.
birdiegirl
on 10/13/11 3:46 am

This just sounds like a sales pitch to me...

Are you being "bird dogged" for referring patients?

You even threw in the Dental Clinic....somthing just doesnt seem right here..

Remember - if it sounds too good to be true it usually is

Montysmom
on 10/13/11 4:28 am - St Thomas, Canada
NO  SALES PITCH !!! Sounds like envy to me???

I took a giant leap of faith and got excellence and caring and SUPERB results.

They don't need referals because they are so busy already.

My husband has been quoted $30,000 for dental inplants in Canada I know of what I speak.
The fdoctorts in Cuba are on a flat rate salary
mermaidoz
on 10/13/11 4:23 am - Canada
I Googled, and found Clinica Central Cira Garcia in Havana is a general surgery clinic for foreigners according to their website, so a full hospital offering many types of surgeries (incuding dental) from what I can see . 

Prices for plastic surgery procedures ( and other surgeries too) are listed in Cuban Convertible Pesos, so I checked today's exchange rate, and one convertible peso is a titch more (mere pennies) than a C$, so roughly  price listed in CUC is equivalent to what it costs converted to C$..
The plastic surgery  procedusres list includes  price and numbers of days stay, and whether General anesthetic or local is required for a specific procedure, and lists the number of days hospital stay for each procedure...for a tummytuck it says 5 days. They have the website available in Spanish and , English  so Google it for yourselves.

Montysmom evidently stayed 17 days, so as a patient for 7 at $70- per day included in her tummytuck price, and the remaining 10 as a "guest" at $40 per day instead of staying in a hotel and returning as an outpatient for checks.I had an exchange of messages with her and she explained this to me..(Maybe the hospital had empty rooms and kept her as a "guest" and earned the money she would otherwise have had to pay a hotel...just surmising here!).

Monty'smom:  would you please post your experience on the Ontario Plastics Group, providing all details?

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_Post_Plastics/discussion/

PS Clinics and hospitals in Cuba do have a solid reputation when they provide services to foreigners exclusively ( local population doesn't get the same standard of services and meds in local rundown hospitals not part of Cuba's Medical Tourism campaign )..

Google  "Clinica Central Cira Garcia" to find out more yourself!   (And no I am not a troll pushing this clinic...but it does sound interesting)...

Most Active
Recent Topics