My wedding dress fits!!! LOL

trudylam
on 10/9/11 12:31 pm - Sudbury, Canada
9 years ago I got married.  My wedding dress was a size 28 and it barely fit.  I was wearing a girdle thing from my knees to my shoulders to suck in all the fat and make the dress fit.  I was so sucked in that day that I didn't even go pee from the time I put on the dress (noon****il I took it off at 9:30pm.  Tonight we were at my parent's house for Thanksgiving and my mom suggested I try on my wedding dress.  I have kept it stored at their house all these years.  I was terrified as I pulled it on because if it didn't fit, I would be crushed.  I was so shocked when I put it on, zipped it up and not only did it fit....it was falling off of me.  I cried.  It was a huge moment for me.  Now I think I will wear it out trick or treating with the kids!  LOL  It's big enough that I can get it on over my coat!  I'm not worried about wrecking it, maybe I will cover it in fake blood and be a "corpse bride".  Oh the possibilities! 
Well I am off to the hospital tomorrow to spend time with my grandma but for the most part this has been a great weekend.  Hope you all have had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you can find at least one thing to be thankful for.  I know I have alot. 

Eileen C.
on 10/9/11 1:04 pm, edited 10/9/11 1:04 pm - Cornwall, Canada
Congrats Trudy 

What a wonderful WOW moment, just think how many more WOW moments you are going to have

while on your weight loss journey, it has only just begun, as the song goes, and it just keep getting

better LOL 

Take care and hope your Thanksgiving Weekend gets better and better,  as well as the next few

months,

Eileen
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
Donnaslifepart2
on 10/9/11 7:31 pm - Canada

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

I bet you won't be so tempted by those pesky candies now!  Things like this are terrific motivators.
trudylam
on 10/9/11 10:08 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Those candies can go to hell now! :)  My head is back on straight and I'm not tempted anymore.  Thank you Donna. :)
Brenda T.
on 10/9/11 9:47 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I would have cried too, way to go, you deserve it for all your hard work.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

sweetvania
on 10/10/11 1:33 am - mississauga, Canada
wow trudy what a fantastic NSV and a fun thing to happen to you congratulations girl you rock!!!! i am so happy for you happy thanksgiving!!!!
RNY 07/05/11 dr klein!!! love it soo happy xxoo!!
Monica M.
on 10/10/11 4:32 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
that is awesome, Trudy!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

on_my_way2011
on 10/10/11 9:56 am - Canada
That is so awesome!!!

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

Most Active
Recent Topics