About to fall off the wagon

trudylam
on 10/6/11 11:49 pm - Sudbury, Canada
I am just writing here to stop me from going into the kitchen and attacking the halloween candy.  I am so stressed out.  On Sunday my family and I went down to Toronto to have a birthday lunch for my Grandfather.  He will be 88 next week.  My grandmother has been very sick for the last 8 or 9 months and has been in the hospital for most of that time.  She was released from the hospital 3 weeks ago and she has been at home.  Sunday during lunch she had an extreme sugar low.  She went down to 1.8 and as we were trying to get sugar into her she went unconcious.  We ended up having to call 911 and the ambulance came and took her back to the hospital where now she will stay until the end.  My grandfather was so frustrating.  He wasn't giving her enough sugar, he wasn't letting us help him, he forbid me from calling 911.  We couldn't figure out why.  Now we know it's because him and grandma had a pact that he would let her die at home before letting her go back to the hospital.  Now she has dimentia, she is restrained, sedated and hallucinating.  What a way to die. :(  Last night I wanted a drink and cake and ice cream.  Just something to make me feel better.  Sorry everyone, just venting.  I think I am going to paint my nails, I can't eat crap with wet fingernails.  Have a great long weekend everyone.  Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
Monica M.
on 10/6/11 11:53 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Oh, Trudy. Huge hugs. I'm sorry. It's so hard. I'm sending so much positive energy your way, waves and waves of it.  I hope you and your family find peace.

Joyce J.
on 10/6/11 11:57 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

I soooooo feel for you. I have an idea what you are going through, but please don't do it.
My Mom died almost 4 years ago and I was going through a horrible divorce at the same time. I did fall off the wagon.
Luckily I had already lost 120 pounds and refuse to gain that back. I did gain about 15 -20 pounds but have since lost it.
I still have weight to lose and it is so hard now, after so many years from having surgery
I am so thankful to have lost and kept off the 120 pounds, but I feel like I have ruined my chances to lose the rest

You have to try to find other ways to deal with the stress.
Come on here and vent all you want, we are here for you.

e-mail me anytime [email protected]

Keep your chin up

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

charm64
on 10/7/11 12:08 am - Cambridge, Canada
So sorry to hear about your Grandmother.  That is so sweet that they had a pact. 
It is times like these that will really test this surgery.  Painting your nails sounds good. 
HUGS

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

CanDoItFour
on 10/7/11 1:00 am - Canada
Oh my gosh, this sounds so hard.  I'm so sorry for what you are going through, especially around a holiday.  I've been there.

My Mom and Dad lived to be 96 and 100 respectively, and the last few years were tough.  So hard for everyone.  I tried to remember how they were before it got really difficult for everyone, and how they would have wanted me to succeed with my weight loss efforts.  I tried to rationalize that by staying strong and on track I was giving them a boost too.  It helped me a little.

And yes, vent whenever you need to!  That's what friends are for, and if there is any place that is abundantly evident, it's here.

Claire
Lynette1962
on 10/7/11 1:16 am - Whitby, Canada
 Hi - I think most of us are emotional eaters and in times of high stress (which you are certainly going through right now) - we turn to what will give us immediate gratification. 

I am so proud of you and I hope you recognize how well you did in coming to OH and then painting your nails.  Each challenge we face is one more success - each success then builds upon another.

As an emotional eater myself, I have been encouraged to write down a list of "self care" items so that I won't  automatically turn to food when distressed - sounds like the next few weeks might be challenging for your.  

A self-care list might be worthy to have so that instead of food you have other items that would be loving items to turn to.  

You are worth it  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have reached my goal weight ..... and LOVE my RNY !!!!!!!!!

Donnaslifepart2
on 10/7/11 1:16 am - Canada
Hi Trudy,

I'm sorry this is happening to you but we both know life happens despite our efforts to keep it at bay.  I know you are strong and will survive this.  Live the experience and know that whatever you manage to do that keeps you from eating the candy is a new strategy for life that you can use.

May I suggest keeping the candy in your husband's trunk.  When he is home you won't be tempted to eat it.  When he is gone, so will the candy. 
Joyce J.
on 10/7/11 2:48 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

That's a great idea for the candy LOL

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Brenda T.
on 10/7/11 1:36 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
So sorry you are going through this .

And kodos for writing on here to vent and distract yourself from temptation.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Mariann M.
on 10/7/11 2:00 am - Washago , Canada
I really hate that you are having to go through these tough times,
Just incase we forgot, LIFE SUCKS sometimes, I hope that things work out for the best.
You should be so proud of your self for turning here instead of to the fridge !!!!
These little steps do add up and are making you a stronger person everytime.
Sending healing thoughts your way !!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics