yogurt

Brandy S.
on 10/3/11 9:59 am - Sudbury, Canada
Do you think 3/4C of Greek yogurt through-out the day is too much??
its 18g of protein so thats why i am doing it.. I am also using the beneprotein in my soup and cream of wheat but Yuck, Its so gross.
Brandyyy  
look_out_world
on 10/3/11 10:19 am - Canada
 Brandy I think that most of have special ways to get Greek yogurt down us lol.   Sometimes I mix it with chopped garlic and Dill, and use it to dip my meat in.  I also like it with a packet of Splenda and some cinnamon in it.   Its really yummy that way!

Monica M.
on 10/3/11 10:20 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
throughout the day, its not too much. all at once, yes, but not if you're having bits all day long.

CanDoItFour
on 10/3/11 10:41 am - Canada
I still use Beneprotein a lot (7 months out), and found some tricks that help. 

Use it like you would corn starch, ie take 1/3 c. of your liquid at room temperature (not hot) and mix a small amount of the Beneprotein in it (1 scoop) and mix it really well - I use a really small whisk.  Then add another scoop, mix again, another scoop, mix again, etc.  Then thin it out with some more of your liquid, and after all that add the Beneprotein mixture to your soup or whatever.  It seems to disolve better this way and won't lump. 

When I was first out, I used to put it in cold unsweetened applesauce too, which worked pretty well.  Now I add it to greek yogurt to punch it up even more, and mix it with my skim milk in my coffee too.  It's amazing how those little scoops can add up over a day and help you hit that 60-80 g of protein.

Claire
Brandy S.
on 10/3/11 10:44 am - Sudbury, Canada
Oh my thank you
I have wasted lots of my beneprotein and soup trying to figure out the best way to mix it.
Brandyyy  
AllaP
on 10/3/11 12:10 pm - Vaughan, Canada
 Where do you get Beneprotein? How much protein is in it?
Brandy S.
on 10/3/11 12:32 pm - Sudbury, Canada
I ordered mine from weel.ca cus my pharmacy didnt have it and gave me a dumb found look when I asked for it.
I think it was 26$ I believe.. and its 6g protein per scoop.
Brandyyy  
magpie4495
on 10/4/11 12:41 am, edited 10/4/11 12:44 am - Canada
Hey Brandy,
After your post I was curious about Beneprotein and found this on Drugstore.com (ships to Canada too). They have a sale on right now for 6 cans of Beneprotein for 70.00. It looks like they will stop shipping to Canada after Nov 3 so this might be a good deal. I think I'm reading it right in that it is 6 cans for $70.

I'm pre-op but this seems like a great deal and I might check it out too.

DRAT - just tried to buy it and they won't import to Canada because of Canada's restrictions. So the formula must be different in the stuff from Canada and US. Good deal if you live on the border.

Cherill
HW: 260lbs  Pre-Optifast: 257lbs  SW: 242lbs  Happy: 150lbs SG: tbd 

Referral: January 2011, Orientation: July 8/11, Nut/Behav: Aug 22/11 Education Class: Nov 2/11 
Surgeon Appt: Nov 1/11, Surgery: Dec 5     

Karen W.
on 10/4/11 1:38 am - Canada
Hi Brandy.

At  nearly 6 months out, I eat almost 3/4 C Greek yogurt (it's actually 1/2 C + 2 T) for breakfast 5 days a week, all at once.  I mix in a packet of Splenda, some berries and, sometimes, a bit of Kashi Go Lean cereal. 

RNY April 11, 2011       

Most Active