18 weeks post op with pics.

trudylam
on 10/2/11 12:01 pm - Sudbury, Canada
WOW!!!  Thank you so much for all the kind words everyone. :)  I love this forum and I know I can count on everyone here when I need a little boost. :)  

Thankfully, I don't buy Halloween candy for that day, if I buy it, it's to keep around the house before Halloween.  We bought a box that has smarties, aero, kitkat and coffee crisp in them for the hubby and the kids and they have been calling my name.  I have resisted and plan on leaving them alone.  The candy that I am worried about is the trick or treat loot from the kids.  Last year we bought alot of it from them because my son has the peanut allergy and they went to Toys R Us with their money to buy a toy.  Maybe we will do the same thing this year and just buy it all from them and send it to work with hubby.  I will be strong.  I have been trying to come up with other ideas to get out of the baking.  The tradition has always been that I make a ton of different cookies and stuff and my husband gives it to his employees Christmas.  I am sure we can come up with something else.  You guys are so right...no amount of candy is worth blowing the success I've had so far.  I am going to write that on a post-it and stick it to my fridge. LOL  Seriously! :)

Thanks again everyone. 

JennR
on 10/2/11 1:14 pm
Sounds like it is time to change the Christmas tradition of cookie and treat giving for your husband's employees or at least for you. He can still do that but buy the treats at a bakery and claim it as a business expense!

ToNewBeginnings
on 10/2/11 9:58 pm
You look great. Like the others have said, buy the candy last -minute, and then get the leftovers out of the house! I ask my husband to take it to work with him in the morning.
jdance
on 10/2/11 10:30 pm - Canada
Wow, beautiful, congrats on your success to date.

The candy, yup, it's calling to me, but i just keep walking by it.
We only get about 10 kids thankfully so i buy the stuff i don' like and hand it out, if there is anything left over then DH gets to eat it.
I don't have little ones coming home with the dreadful stuff thank god.
just keep telling yourself that it's always going to be there and you can have it at anytime but just not today. I alwys felt like i had to eat it in case there was none left. And now i just tell myself that it's not going out of style and will always be there if i need it, that stops me. But that' my demon.

you have the power to resist,there is always going to be a holiday and there will always be chocolate around. Actually, i used to go out after the holidays and buy up all the left over  chocolate when it came on sale, but having said that, after Christmas, Valentines Day and Easter, i didn't even think about it this year. Whhhhooo hoooo, hey that's a great NSV for me....

tango123
on 10/3/11 7:21 am
You look fantastic!
Most Active
Recent Topics