18 weeks post op with pics.

trudylam
on 10/2/11 1:22 am, edited 10/2/11 1:24 am - Sudbury, Canada
Hi everyone.  I am 18 weeks post op now and I am down 86 pounds.  Things have been going really well, surprisingly well.  I was at the grocery store the other day and I had a bit of a panic attack.  It hit home that it's going to be thanks giving next week, in a few weeks I will have 2 trick-or-treaters bringing home a booty of sugary treasures and then not long after that I will have to start Christmas baking.  I got a bit overwhelmed looking at the skids full of Halloween candy that was just screaming at me to bring it home.  Anyone else not looking forward to facing down their demons over the next few months?  Vets, how do you do it?  Here's a comparison picture of me, the first one was taken 11 months ago, the after was taken today.  I think I'm a happy camper. :)  Have a great day everyone. :)

Brenda T.
on 10/2/11 1:50 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
You look beautiful!! Great job, wow 86 lbs!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Megan M.
on 10/2/11 2:11 am - Canada
Very lovely pictures, both of them!  But you do look healthier in the recent pic - you glow.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

AllaP
on 10/2/11 2:25 am - Vaughan, Canada
 Great job! You look great. C'mon, you're tired of the Halloween candies. Every year same thing. Boring. And forget the Christmas baking. Why whould you do it to yourself? 
Moselle
on 10/2/11 2:29 am - Athens, Canada
Hey Trudy you look amazing.  Keep up the good work.

As for the Halloween candy calling your name my suggestion is if it will bother you buy it last minute and only buy something that you don't like and give it all away.  As for Thanksgiving dinner - stick to the program, eat your turkey first, then your veggies and you probably won't have any room for anything more. Keep busy and don't dwell on the things your going to miss.  Buy yourself a new top or outfit that looks amazing any keep telling yourself that you are most thankful for your RNY.

As for christmas baking, make sure that you make some high protein treats that you can have. I just finished making some banana nut protein mini-muffins (Eggface 5 minute cake recipe) They are so good that my husband and son have eaten most of them already not knowing that they are high protein and sugar free lol. I'm okay with serving everyone else high calorie treats as long as I have something suitable for myself, that way I don't feel deprived or tempted.

Last year I was on Optifast from Dec 8th to the 29th so this year whatever I have will seem like heaven. I think the Optifast stage, over the holidays, was when my husband and the rest of my family finally realized that I was totally serious about making this tool work for me.

I'm not sure if these suggestions will help but it's how I cope.  I wish you all the best for continued success on your journey.  Muriel

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

mypita58
on 10/2/11 2:29 am - Windsor, Canada
 Congrats on your success. I am just 4 weeks post op so this month is not going to be a problem. I hope next year I am in the same mind set. 
Glenda    
Do not pray for an easier life, pray to be stronger.    JFK            
Cheryl D.
on 10/2/11 2:36 am - Toronto, Canada
You look wonderful!  Truly you do.  You also look much younger now.

As for the candy, I personally have no problem with that, I have no desire for sweets really.  My demons have always been the carby type foods ie: bread and mashed potatoes.  The way I deal with that is I just don't eat them. I haven't eaten bread or any bread-type product in about 2 years and I don't miss it. I do get my carbs from veggies and fruit.  My feeling is if I don't go back to the things I had a problem with before, I won't crave them.  So far so good ;)

Best of luck to you while you enjoy the upcoming holidays.

Cheryl

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

Typoqueen
on 10/2/11 2:36 am
You look great!!! All that hard work is paying off!

I too am thinking about up coming events. We have thanksgiving, our anniversary, My son's 7th Birthday party, our last Camping trip this weekend,  plus two Trick or Treating events... that is only October.

But.. I am not panicking about it ( trying not to ) . For me, it is going to be great. I am going to plan ahead, make sure there is a small "treat" that I can eat if I feel I need it. I am currently looking up recipes for my baking and being as ready as I can be. I think that is the key to all this is plan ahead if you can.  Then maybe even have a back up plan. I have read that many ppl carry items in their purses for such events to make sure they stay on track. 

The kids treats, I have a 7 and 9 year old. I bought small bags for them this year, hoping it will help them collect less and look like they have lots. Since we have two events I am going to ask them to put some as side and we will find a place to donate it. Even if it goes to the staff treat table at work, as that is better than my house. ( that is the plan anyways )

Looking forward to hearing about how others work through these next few months.

Again Congrats, you look fab!!

Kelly

Congrats on being a great loser!!

Monica M.
on 10/2/11 2:44 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
you look amazing, Trudy!! so not looking forward to halloween. Thank god my kids are past that stage. You'll need lots of strengthnot to "help" your kids with the candies they don't like.

stewartjackie
on 10/2/11 3:20 am - Pickering, Canada
Wow, what a difference. Good for you. Try and keep your eyes on the prize and buy your Halloween candy on the day, and they throw out a lot of your kids stuff if you can. Do anything you need to to take care of you...
Jackie

Most Active
Recent Topics