So done with Hamilton.

trudylam
on 9/26/11 1:18 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Well today I went for my 3 month follow-up appointment and I met with the nurse and dietician.  The nurse was very nice but that dietician needs some lessons in her manners.  She is a condescending little stick figure and I wanted to grab her by her hair and shake her silly!  LOL.  I am so done and I'm going to call Humber tomorrow to see if I can transfer to them for future follow-ups.  Argh!!!  On the bright side, we went to African Lion Safari with the kids after my useless appointment and made a great day out of it.  Hello lemons, meet lemonade. :)
Manda M.
on 9/26/11 1:36 pm
Sounds like one of the ladies that works at the Windsor clinic!
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

Joy D.
on 9/26/11 3:03 pm - Hamilton, Canada
 i agree with you Trudy, when i went for my 6 th month follow up she accused me that i wasn't getting my 60 g of protein... um like hello lady  until ur in my  home and see what i eat  don't tell me what i do when she does not know my situation, Nada ( head nurse ) wasn't there or i would have said something to her which she knows my situation, i also called and spoke to Nada  about how i was treated.. hell I'm old enough to be her mother, she had me so upset just as you  are now.

I will be going  back in Nov for my 9 months and trust me i will be damned if she thinks she will talk or treat me with disrespect  again bc i sure as hell will be dismissing her this time and get out of my  face, if that does not  work i will insist on speaking with Dr Hong who did my surgery, if nothing gets resolve then i will no longer go to my visits and will talk to the hospital board.Glad i was not the only one who felt ****ty after my  check up, i sure wish the reg nut comes back soon after maternity leave.

Joy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/11 3:37 pm - Canada
I went through the same thing at Humber. No matter where you go you're going to find health care professionals that are holier than thou and pretentious. Its a prerequisite im sure of it.

Monica M.
on 9/26/11 7:41 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
As a health care professional, i take offense to that.

I've had nothing but positive interactions with the Team at HRRH.

Monica M.
on 9/26/11 7:42 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
that's too bad, Trudy. Like i said to someone else, i've had nothing but positive interactions with the Team at HRRH. I hope you do get to change your follow up to there.

mom4life
on 9/26/11 8:21 pm - Port Rowan, Canada
Hmmmm seems to be a common thing...there is one Nut at Guelph that is also condescending and seems to look down her nose at you.  And like you commented, the rest of the staff is very nice, respectful and polite.

I wonder if it's something in their particular field of training that somehow creates a prejudice against the obese, which is a shame as those are the ones that so desperately need their help.

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

jdance
on 9/27/11 1:21 am - Canada
Well HELLO. I know who you are talking about.
Unfortunately, until you've had your surgery you are powerless to do anything about it because you don't want to tick anybody off for fear they write you a bad report.

However; afterwards, don't take that sh*t from no one. I haven't had a problem with the person you are referring to since. She's just a bit abrupt

Brenda T.
on 9/26/11 8:44 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
OH my goodness how discouraging!! The last thing that would work for me is negitive support, praise me for the positive things and I will do leaps and bounds to impress you the next time too.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

mom4life
on 9/26/11 9:15 pm - Port Rowan, Canada
Try not to be discouraged.  There are going to be people at all stages of our lives that get under our skin.  I do not think that their goal is to be discouraging, I truly believe that some people's mannerisms just don't jive with others.  What I find a bit harsh, you may simply find as real and honest, what I find polite and friendly, you may find to be phony or condescending.  We are all different, and therefore, so are our interactions with other people and our interpretations of situations.  If that weren't the case we would all have the exact same tastes in everything from partners to home decor.

Keep your chin up, my experience has taught me that the negative experiences are FAR outweighted by the positive ones on this journey.

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics