Tattoo or Belly Button Pierced

gwendal
on 9/25/11 8:59 pm - Canada
 OK so I am 3 months out after having my Tummy Tuck and I went to go and get my Belly Button Pierced and the girl advised against it as she said after a Tummy Tuck due to limited blood flow in most cases the piercing would reject and I would be left with a scar and would then have to choose to keep getting it redone or leave the scar.  So I was thinking of getting a butterfly tattoo to the right of by belly button  instead.  Anyone know if this would have any complications before I go......

Your Life is Powered by you!!  (Les Brown)        
Monica M.
on 9/25/11 9:16 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
the limited blood flow might make the same issues, difficulty healing..etc.

gwendal
on 9/25/11 9:23 pm - Canada
 That's what she explained why she would not get the Belly Button done, but because the Tattoo is not deep I am thinking that this should not be a problem

Dollface-1981
on 9/25/11 11:34 pm - Newmarket, Canada
I have been a piercer for 5 years now.. and I have pierced many women who have had tummy tucks.  Yes there is a chance that it may reject.  Not so much because of lack of blood flow.. but because  your skin is so tight,  there is so much pressure on the bar and it tends to pu**** out.  The only way to know that though is to try to clamp your skin.  You can usually tell if the bar will hold.

As for the tattoo.. there should be no issues.  As long as its not over the scar.

Hope that helps!

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

gwendal
on 9/26/11 8:46 am - Canada
 Thank you that helps alot now I just have to choose between the two....

gwendal
on 9/26/11 9:43 pm - Canada
 How long did you wait to get your Belly Button Pierced after your Tummy Tuck I am 3 months out 

Most Active