NSV's out the wahzoo!!!!

Dollface-1981
on 9/24/11 6:21 am, edited 9/24/11 6:26 am - Newmarket, Canada
 So I bought a treadmill a few days ago and so far... Even though it has only been 4 days... I absolutely love it! I've been getting up early every morning and walking pretty fast for 30 minutes, working up my heart rate.. Not to mention a good sweat!   It seems to set the tone for each day and keeps me motivated to walk to and from work and try harder to get all of my protein and water in. I'm excited to see where this will take me!    

I also have the Heart and Stroke Fit for Heart run tomorrow morning and I'm so excited to do this! I know its only 4 km... And its walking.. But that's far for me lol plus its for a good cause.  

Last night my husband and I had a date night, and without going into too much detail... I had an awesome NSV! We have a jet tub at home.. Its deep but narrow and we decided to attempt to have a bubble bath together... And we both fit, comfortably I might add! Never would I have thought that the two of us could get in there together, when only 4 months ago I could hardly get in and out myself! He also spoiled me with a back massage and for the first time in forever it didn't hurt! And that is a huge deal since I've had chronic back pain for the past 10 years.  

Also, my best friend moved last weekend and was going through all of her clothes and passed on a few things to me that don't fit her. She gave me a few pairs of size 18 and 20 jeans as well as a few tops and a fall jacket.    I tried on a pair of the size 20 jeans and they fit! As did the others. In just over 3 months I have gone from a size 28 to a size 20!!!! Crazy! I am down almost 70 pounds and starting to feel really good! Days like this make all the sickness, thinning hair and bad days worth it!   

Things can only go up from here!
(Except the scale that is!)

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

Monica M.
on 9/24/11 6:32 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
those are all awseome, Amy!!!!! only good from here on out.

Brenda T.
on 9/24/11 7:21 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
That's so exciting, so happy for you.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Nadine W.
on 9/24/11 8:19 am - Hanover, Canada
Congrats! Life is good, and getting better!!
Refer June 4/10, Orientation Dec 16/10, Nut, SW & Nurse Mar 16/11, Internist Apr. 19/11, Nut May 3/11, Nut Class Oct 5/11, Dr. Pereira-Hong Nov. 1/11, Surg Jan. 4/12, Cancellation! New surg date Nov. 10/11. The rest is still unwritten...

StevesGal
on 9/24/11 8:26 am - Hamilton, Canada
Excellent!  Keep up the good work.

I was told by a lady at Pennington's that 20 lbs lost = approx. 1 size down.  So you're being down 70 lbs. does equate to going down 8 sizes.  I'm down 56 lbs. as of this morning (in 3 months) and have gone from a 26/28 pant to a 22 myself.  I know the excitement of seeing that size go lower and lower.  I'm looking forward to having the number start with "1" next.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Karen W.
on 9/24/11 9:00 am - Canada
Wow, I'm so happy for you.  I love when people take the time to post about their NSV's.  It inspires the folks who are awaiting surgery, and helps to keep the rest of us motivated.  Thanks for taking the time to share all of these wonderful changes in your life with us!

RNY April 11, 2011       

Kerry F.
on 9/24/11 10:24 am - Bolton, Canada
Yay!!!  Good times :)

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

JJ_
on 9/24/11 10:51 am
Congratulations!!!

Judy
sueberman
on 9/24/11 11:43 am
That is just so cool congrats
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

paula-37
on 9/24/11 10:07 pm - brantford, Canada
Hi that is great.congratulaions on being 70lbs down.keep up the great work.it is true that things can only go up from here.i want to wish you all the best of luck for a contuing successful weight loss journey.just think where you will be at next year at this time. looking forward to seeing your progress.keep posting your progrees.sending you hugs and positive vibes.take care my dear oh friend.
SINCERELY YOURS YOUR OH FRIEND ALWAYS
PAULA(paula-37)

Most Active