Just Keep Walking

Dollface-1981
on 9/21/11 11:01 am - Newmarket, Canada
So Ive been having a rough few weeks... My pouch hasn't been agreeing with me lately, and hearing about Wendy's death has put me in a pretty low place.  

That being said, Ive been trying to push forward and focus on the positives.  My brother-in-law and I have decided to be gym buddies and I am really excited about it.  Were going to look into spinning classes, and they have a pool and Zumba. 

I also bought a treadmill today.. used but like brand new! (gotta love Kijiji !!)  I tried it out and I love it already!  I have been walking so much more lately.. back and forth to work and evening walks with the puppy. I know though that winter is coming and with winter comes snow and ice.  And anyone who knows me knows that I am horrible with ice!  I'm excited to use my treadmill, and I promise it will not become a clothes hanger!

My brother-in-law also invited me to join him this Sunday to participate in the Heart and Stroke Fit for Heart Walk.  Something I never would have even considered doing a year ago!  I'm looking forward to it and I'm glad its for a good cause that hits close to home.  My husband is coming with us too so I think its going to be a great day!  Jay you are a good influence on me!!!

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

Eileen C.
on 9/21/11 11:23 am - Cornwall, Canada

Hi

Good luck on the walk on Sunday, hope all goes well

Congrats of success so far as well as the joiining of the gym and the purchase of the treadmill 

You will do great

Take care and please continue to post your updates, we really like to hear them

Eileen 

my angel is Lisa48                                        
charm64
on 9/21/11 11:57 pm - Cambridge, Canada
 Hey there,
Sorry to hear you are having a rough time right now.  
There are so many positives in your post!  Concentrate on how well you are doing and all the exercise will help with your mood.  Good for you and what a great brother-in-law!

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

Kerry F.
on 9/22/11 9:40 am - Bolton, Canada
Good for you...you're doing the right thing keeping active and staying positive.  I've had a few 'lulls' in this process too where my pouch is not my friend and where my mind starts playing all the old tapes again.  The only way out of it is through it.  It's great you have your brother in law for support; keep the good people close :)  You're doing great!!

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

Most Active