Feeling really sad about photomom :(

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/11 4:27 am - Canada
Thank you for posting this reply.

If any personal information was released about Wendy, I would DEFINITELY complain to the hospital's privacy office...as I would not want ANY member of the public to be able to find information about my medical care and health without my express permission.

That and it's against federal law under the Freedom of Information and Privacy Protection Act.

I generally try not to be rude and reply harshly but honestly, think before you post folks.  Sorry...

Wendy's passing is a tragedy, until the family tells us for sure that it was directly related to WLS complications, we should stop speculating, celebrate her life and successes, mourn her passing and send healing thoughts and prayers to her family.

No more no less.

GD6
on 9/19/11 4:43 am - Hamilton, Canada
My heart goes out to her friends and family, it's such a tragedy for someone so young to lose their life.

Given the post on the other thread, if it was someone that knew her personally that posted the message I would tend to think that it was a WLS complication that resulted in her death.  Otherwise why would they want people to "think really hard about it." ?

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4292136/did-photomom-ev er-find-out-what-was-wrong/#36814412

someonewhocares2
[Latest Posts]

It is with a heavy heart that I write this, Photomom has suddenly passed away. She will be missed greatly by her children, family and friends. 

Anyone considering this kind of surgery, please think really hard about it.
Back to the top Reply to This Post Quote Post Report Post Contact Friend Block

Yasmeen  (aka thread killer!)  

5'6.5" - HW 239.4 / SW 226.8 (Feb 5, 2010) / GW 120 (Jan 6, 2011) / LW 116.8 

sam1am
on 9/19/11 5:10 am
Unfortunately, I agree that it's not just speculation that it's related to wls per someonewhocares2 post.  I'm sure he/she is devasted right now.  I hope eventually that we find out more as it may help someone else in the future.

What a very sad day.  Wendy was always a big help to me for sure in the beginning and I have certainly missed her around here.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/11 5:12 am - Canada
I read that as well...

It was also clear that she had pre-existing conditions, including a diagnosed hernia that complicated things and was also being investigated by her surgeon due to possible complications earlier this year(January 2011)...we don't know what had been done beyond that.

Until we know for sure though...it's only speculation.  

Plus the reply was an anonymous posting by someone who just joined the forum today who may be in a emotional frame of mind.  A quick reminder that not all of us have/had family members and friends that are supportive of this option for weight loss and MAY have an axe to grind - again, your mileage may vary, but just saying... 

Plus I'd like to think folks have thought long and hard about any surgery that seriously changes their internal physiology and will seriously affect how they live, eat and survive for the rest of their lives...just saying!  Especially seeing the surgeons and classes educating them regarding the risks and possible outcomes.

Again, the passing of anybody so young with children is a tragedy any way you look at it.  My thoughts and prayers are with her family.  I celebrate her life and mourn her passing.
Marny B.
on 9/19/11 11:04 am - Canada
Agreed.  Well said Myke.

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Jennie M.
on 9/19/11 1:40 am - Ottawa, Canada
 I can't see that they would tell anyone anything due to privacy.

Urban Poling Instructor, 5K runner & soon to be CanFit Pro Personal Trainer
HW339/Lowest Wt 175/CW210/GW175  Plastics done (TT & BR) 8/31/10

Soon2BRunning
on 9/19/11 1:33 am - Toronto, Canada
 This is terrible news!  We all had our surgeries around the same time.  
Kathy

Karen M.
on 9/19/11 1:40 am - Mississauga, Canada
Incredibly sad - rest in peace, Wendy. xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/11 1:43 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Very sad news today.  Rest in peace Wendy.
ashleighsmom
on 9/19/11 2:28 am
That is hearbreaking news so young my thoughts and prayers are with her friends and family .I know I had those same symptoms wioth hernia and twisted bowel I wonderedif she had same and it perforated? I was very lucky that mine did not .
Most Active