Feeling really sad about photomom :(

paula-37
on 9/19/11 12:49 am - brantford, Canada
Hi Alycia i am truly sorry to hear this about hear.it is really sad my heart goes out to her family.its ok not to know how to feel about her sudden death.i do not no what to say to keep you from feeling terrified.i would be terrified to and i am.please not that you are not alone keep talking through your fears it will get your through it.if you are having symptoms or you think somehtings not right talk to your surgeon.i am sending you hugs .i hope you being terrified eases.
SINCERELY YOURS YOUR OH FRIEND ALWAYS
PAULA(paula-37)

andreadoe
on 9/19/11 1:06 am - Newmarket, ON, Canada
Oh Alycia! Thank you for letting us know this news - as sad as it is. I am truly shocked & saddened to hear that Wendy has passed.

The truth is I don't know what happened. This post & the thread really doesn't provide any information. I think it would be wrong to assume she had a stricture (as someone posted). She was years out of surgery & a stricture at that point would be unlikely. I don't even know if her illness & death was in any way related to her WLS. Better to sit back & wait for more info (if it comes) than to speculate.

Andrea

OH Certified Support Group Leader for the York Region/GTA Support Group.
ohcardsmandrea.jpg picture by lynnca1972

charm64
on 9/19/11 1:10 am - Cambridge, Canada
 So sad and heartbreaking.  

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

Joyce J.
on 9/19/11 1:19 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Alycia

Thanks so much for posting this. It is very sad. I had sent Wendy a couple of messages on FB and on here because I had not heard from her in awhile.

Please don't be scared. We have so little information. We cannot assume it was WLS related. She was a few years out. Even if their were issues with her weight I'm sure her family doctor would help in dealing with that

Hopefully someone knows what happened and can post

My heart goes out to her family

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Jennie M.
on 9/19/11 1:23 am - Ottawa, Canada
(deactivated member)
on 9/19/11 1:25 am
she died in Feb?  I spoke to her when I was pregnant and there were some other issues going on.  Can you provide the link, I"m in complete shock here.
Alycia87
on 9/19/11 1:27 am - London, ON
no no, didnt die in feb..thats just around the time i had the question about her. i just got the email about her passing today. heres the link

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4292136/did-photomom-ev er-find-out-what-was-wrong/#36814412

Barix Consultation May 26, 2009             OHIP Papers Faxed May 29, 2009
OHIP APPROVAL JULY 14, 2009!!        PATS August 3rd, 2009
Surgery August 13th, 2009

Starting Weight: 278 lbs
Current Weight: 109 lbs           Total loss so far of 169 lbs     BMI 18.7

alyciacrandon.jpg picture by Alycia87

Karen M #2
on 9/19/11 1:29 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 04/20/10 with
Alycia posted a thread asking a question back in February or March and Photomom responded to her at that time. Today somebody replied to that post to inform people that she (Photomom) had passed. Methinks it was a family member or friend who created a profile to just post that info and didn't know how to create a new thread so just searched and found Alycia's thread and replied to that.

HW-328/SW-309/CW-163/GW-160
Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.  - Robert Collier

Follow me on Twitter!: Karen_M_2

AllaP
on 9/19/11 1:32 am - Vaughan, Canada
 I can see that she was Dr. Starr's patient. May smb who's Starr's patient as well can call the office and try to get some info there. As sad as it is it would be helpful to know what happened.
Karen M.
on 9/19/11 1:39 am - Mississauga, Canada

Uh, no.  Dr. Starr's office would certainly not share personal information about a patient.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active