Feeling really sad about photomom :(

Alycia87
on 9/18/11 11:00 pm - London, ON
I got an email this morning about a post that i did way back in like february or march of this year and when i read it, i was horrified.
It said that photomom had suddenly passed away. I know she had been having problems and couldnt keep food down and had reached 110 lbs at a height of 5'8. This honestly terrifies me....
dont really know what to feel...

Barix Consultation May 26, 2009             OHIP Papers Faxed May 29, 2009
OHIP APPROVAL JULY 14, 2009!!        PATS August 3rd, 2009
Surgery August 13th, 2009

Starting Weight: 278 lbs
Current Weight: 109 lbs           Total loss so far of 169 lbs     BMI 18.7

alyciacrandon.jpg picture by Alycia87

KelliT
on 9/18/11 11:13 pm
Don't let is scare you, it is so sad, but a one off case, you will be fine!

merly6800
on 9/18/11 11:33 pm - Canada

What a tragedy!  I remember her well when she was posting.  I had no idea she was ill.

Condolences to her family.

Marilynn
Gabygee
on 9/18/11 11:40 pm - Canada
Oh that's horrible.
Her poor heart probably just couldn't take it anymore.

110 pounds at 5'8" - that's bad. Wonder why her surgeon didn't fix the stricture? Or maybe they did but it wasn't enough.

Poor lady. I feel awful for her family. They must have been guardedly optimistic about having her back in great shape - and then this happens.

All us WLS'ers knew going in that this was a small risk, but still a risk - and here's the example of it.

I know in my case it was a SURE THING that I would suffer a heart attack or stroke in the next few years if I DID NOT have the surgery. So the risk was worth it.

I feel so bad for her family.

WildAngel
on 9/18/11 11:46 pm - Windsor, Canada
Wendy??? Omg, I had gotten pretty close to Wendy but for the past few months we haven't spoken much, I guess I got too busy to keep up with some of my friends :( I am in total shock and just devastated.....this is truly tragic....
  Gina Musselman-Hill's Facebook profile

Click here to read my WLS journal  

sam1am
on 9/19/11 12:05 am

OMG!  I remember her posting a few months ago, that she had gotten really thin and was having some problems!  This is truly awful as I believe she had young children.  I am so sorry to hear this.

RIP, Wendy!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Ruth E H.
on 9/19/11 12:06 am - Renfrew, Canada
Wow, Alycia, that is just awful.  I remember her well.  What sad news.  Sending comforting thoughts to her family and friends.
Ruth

birdiegirl
on 9/19/11 12:11 am
WOW - I too am shocked at this....Wendy was a regular poster and had surgery roughly the same time I did...

So sorry for Wendy and her family -

Barb

Dollface-1981
on 9/19/11 12:31 am - Newmarket, Canada
So sad.  My heart goes out to her family and children.  Having two young children of my own.. it really makes you step back and re evaluate your own journey.

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

Diminishing Dawn
on 9/19/11 12:42 am - Windsor, Canada
I am shocked. How did I miss that post?

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active