Protein bars

jthompson593
on 9/18/11 10:02 am
 Hello everyone. I hope that you all had a good weekend. Anyways I have a question. I am going to be away all w-end and leaving my protein shakes at home. What is everyone's favourite protein go to bar for those that use them. I've only tried one and wasn't too keen on it. I'm looking into buying a few for the w-end. Any comments and suggestions would be perfect.

KristieA
on 9/18/11 10:09 am - Orillia, Canada
When I buy a box I usually go for the Premiere ones at Costco. When I am buying a few to get through until a Costco trip I buy the Equate double choc or choc peanut butter from Walmart. Just make sure the expiry date is still far off. They can be stale and not very good...lol. I have had a 'chewy' one once and it wasn't so easy on the teeth or tummy.

Have a good weekend away. Being prepared is the key.

Kristie

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

jthompson593
on 9/18/11 10:14 am
 Thanks alot for the quick reply. I am such a preparer for things!

sueberman
on 9/18/11 11:42 am
I've tried alot ofdifferent ones and I too prefer the premier, there's 3 flavors in a case.
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

jthompson593
on 9/18/11 12:34 pm
 So if I were to buy the Premier ones would they be considered a meal replacement?

Mary A.
on 9/20/11 1:29 am
On September 18, 2011 at 7:34 PM Pacific Time, jthompson593 wrote:
 So if I were to buy the Premier ones would they be considered a meal replacement?

Protein bars usually come in two different sizes..one is a snack size suitable for just that (a snack)..usually under 200 calories, the OTHER is a meal replacement bar, usually almost twice as large as the snack size and usually above 300 calories.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

KelliT
on 9/18/11 11:19 pm
What is the price per case and how many, do you happen to have the calories and nutrician break down.....thanks

snid457
on 9/19/11 12:00 am - Canada

My favourite are the Oh Yeah bars (not the wafer ones), which taste like a chocolate bar. You can get them at the Low Carb Grocery or Shoppers (at $30 or so for a box of 12), but they are cheapest at Costco ($17 for a box of 12). They are 190 cals, 15 g. protein, 8 g. fat and 4g of sugar. 

Atkins has many varieties of protein bars; they are usually like a chewy granola bar but I find them a bit too sweet. The nutrition numbers on those vary widely from one type to another so be sure to look at the label.

You can usually get single bars of various types at Shoppers, so you can try different brands without commiting to a whole box.

Good luck!

Lorraine

Dollface-1981
on 9/19/11 12:29 am - Newmarket, Canada
I really like the Atkins bars.. high in protein.. low in sugar and not as many carbs as a lot of bars out there.. and they taste really good!

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

smiley_k
on 9/19/11 4:34 am
 I only tried my first protein bar a couple of weeks ago, so I can't really compare the one I had but I really enjoyed it. It was a Pure Protein bar from shoppers (the chocolate peanut butter flavour--tasted like a reeses peanut butter cup), 20g of protein in a 50g bar with 190cals and 2 grams of sugar. I like that at some of the bigger shoppers you can go and compare the different bars and buy one to sample. Maybe that might be a better option than buying a case first time...  
Katie  ♥     

Most Active