When did it slow down??

prdmomof3
on 9/16/11 8:24 am - Canada
Ok I have lost a total of 108 lbs since April/2011 when I had my sugery...I know that is alot to lose in a short period of time but what I need to know is when did the weight loss slow down for you??  My scales have stopped I am guessing it is a stall for now. 

Any help is good help.... I feel like I am going to go insane cause the scale won't move!

Michelle.

StevesGal
on 9/16/11 8:46 am - Hamilton, Canada
I think it varies from person to person.  Some have their first stall at 3 weeks post-op;  I had mine at 7 weeks, and am just coming out of it now.

If you've gone this long without a stall - .  You may be in it for a few weeks, so don't sweat it.  It will start to move again when it's good and ready.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Brenda T.
on 9/16/11 10:42 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I'm going to tell you to put your scales away, or in the car some place that isn't conveinent.

Ok and when I get to where you are please tell me the same thing.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

sueberman
on 9/16/11 12:08 pm
I've hadlots of stalls but my loss has slowed down, not losing as much weekly.  I it to happen earlier.  Now I'm sure I'lll have to work harder at losing.
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

John A.
on 9/16/11 11:04 pm - Cambridge, Canada
Hi Michelle..
It is different for everyone..  I know that every time my scale didn't move for a week I thought I was done.. People would tell me... "You're not done yet"  but I'd worry.. AND.....  I'm still dropping..
I had surgery a year earlier than you..  I know it really means nothing to compare your loss with others.. but I was always interested.. so...following is what I experienced.

Apr 29.3 (optifast)
May 16.4
Jun 19
Jul 14.6
Aug 9
Sep 9.6
Oct 10.6
Nov 4.4
Dec 10.6
Jan 6,6
Feb 5.1
Mar 5.1
Apr 7
May 1.4
Jun 1
Jul 5
Aug 0
Sep 1.2 

Just relax you've got more to loose!!  Meantime.. enjoy your excellent success.. you've done amazing..
J

Most Active
Recent Topics