A few of my LEAST favorite things. (long)

charm64
on 9/13/11 2:24 am - Cambridge, Canada
 Hugs,  love your totally honest post.  I am 3 1/2 months out.  Have gone through some of the same as you have. 
We can be prepared as much as we want but when you are going through it, it can be hard at times.
Hugs again!

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

look_out_world
on 9/13/11 2:50 am - Canada
 Honestly Dollface thank you so much for sharing your feelings.  It's really helped me to realize that I'm not the only one who's sitting here sobbing my heart out over crazy ****  

jdance
on 9/13/11 3:06 am - Canada
Good God Girly, Breath..... you will be just fine.

I lost a friend over my hormones going nuts and being angry. it gets better.

My hormones have settled down (Now I have the damn menopause to deal with), but the food *****ip truck and ice cream, been there done that. Not until i was a year out though. while they were having a double scoop on a sugar cone, i had 1/2 a scoop in a cup and it felt great to be included. And i didn't even eat the whole thing.

Our lives usually revolve around food, dinners with family and friends, drinks etc. give yourself some breathing room, you will once again be able to join in without feeling like leopar.  Let yourself heal and get on to a routine, you will make it.

and it will be worth it, trust me. I would never go back.

Talk to the dietician about your concerns etc. and dry those tears, you can do this.

j

StevesGal
on 9/13/11 3:26 am - Hamilton, Canada

I'm just a few days behind you, so I'm completely with you on some aspects.  I've got a few suggestions for you that have helped me.

- If you're okay with it, get your hair cut into a pixie style.  It will help hide any loss, it's cute, and when you're hair starts to grow back - and it will - it won't be as noticeable.

- Get yourself a Dosette for your pills.  I've used one for some time, and it's very helpful to keep you on track.

- Between bites, put down the fork and talk to people.  If you're dining alone, put down the fork and read a paragraph from a book/magazine.  And concentrate on your chewing.  This will help you slow down your eating.

- For my 'ice cream' treat, I've got a great item called "Tofutti Cuties".  They are mini sized "ice cream" sandwiches, but have no dairy, lactose, sugar.  I get mine from Metro in the frozen health food section.  2g protein.

- For lunch, I usually have a protein shake with skim milk.  I use a powder that contains 35g of protein, plus the 11g from the milk.  If I know I'm probably eating more that day, I cut down on the shake (or leave it out altogether).

I'm sure there's more I could add, but that's enough for know.  Just remember, you're not in this alone.  We're all here for you.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Quinns_mommy
on 9/13/11 3:37 am
I've been in this place on and off since surgery too Amy. I just keep reminding myself that this IS what I wanted for myself and my family... no going back now :)

Chin up! We are all here fighting the same battle.
***hugs***

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
NurseTammy
on 9/13/11 4:02 am - Hamilton, Canada
I feel the same way about a lot of those things.  The weight loss is GREAT...... BUT!  And it's a big but!  I have hit a bunch of stalls already, and have isolated myself a lot .... I don't know what I am going to do when I go back to work and start socializing again - it's going to be hard.

Keep posting here.  It's good for pre-ops to know everything.
Tammy
328 - Highest Weight
305 - Surgery Weight- July 26th, 2011

Gabygee
on 9/13/11 4:58 am - Canada
Tammy -
if you're anything like me (and I think you are, from your previous posts) you're going to LOVE going back to work.

One of the more interesting affirmations I have experienced has come from the health professionals I deal with every day at work.
They seem to feel that they can now start to respect me because I have now actively done something about the health risk they saw me as.

They liked me previously (and appreciated my work) but didn't respect me as much as they are showing me now, after the fact. It's like I improved my lot in life, and they don't care how I did it - they just see me as a positive influence on the system now, not a drain.

Plus all the compliments are going to make you feel soooo good.

Can't wait to read your posts after you've gone back.

Joyce J.
on 9/13/11 6:19 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

Buyer's remorse, I remember it well LOL. Many of us go through that. We get the whole whoa is me thing happening.
Totally normal, not nice, but normal.

Your own advice of taking things one day at a time is the best thing. And of course keep coming here for support.

Hugs,
You are doing great, keep up the good work

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Kathy R.
on 9/13/11 6:55 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 01/27/12
Thank you so much for posting this!!  Your honesty is greatly appreciated.  I haven't had surgery yet but I'm hoping for a surgeon's appointment soon.

The things that you have mentioned are what I am afraid of - will I be able to cope without completely losing it or getting some other type of transfer addiction?  Will I somehow fail and gain everything back yet again!?  I've really been freaking about this lately.  Knowing that everyone seems to go through it and somehow comes out on the other side ok makes me feel a lot better.

Kathy         StevesGal (Beth) is my wonderful angel     SURGERY January 27, 2012
HW: 297  Weight at referral: 285  Weight 1st appt: 276  Start of Optifast: 262

on_my_way2011
on 9/13/11 11:22 am - Canada
Thank you for your honest post!  I have surgery in a couple of weeks and it is great to be prepared for these things. 

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

Most Active