I am so HAPPY I could cry! :)

trudylam
on 8/29/11 9:26 am - Sudbury, Canada
I had an amazing day today and I just wanted to share it with people who would understand the significance of my NSVs.  We took the kids to Santa's Village today and I was worried because we have 2 kids and, until now, only one adult that could take them on the rides.  We started the day on a kid's roller coaster and I thought I would check it out to see if I'd fit in the seat.  It looked a bit tight but I thought I'd give it a go.  Holy jingle bells!!!  I fit!!!!  I rode a roller coaster with the kids for the first time ever!  Then I was brave so we went on the train ride, the ferris wheel and the boat tour.  I passed on the paddle boats only because we were only allowed 3 in a boat and there was only one boat available.  I would have done that too!!!  Food was a bit of a challenge because all I could find was crap food.  Hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, funnel cakes, ice cream, etc...We finally found a place that sold ham sandwiches but I had already tried a hamburger (about a quarter of it) and I didn't want anything else at that point.  We walked the whole day and now it's time to mellow out for the night.  I'll be having sweet dreams tonight.  

Oh ya, one more thing!  I wore shorts, usually I'd wear jeans to cover up my legs.  But I put on shorts and I felt great!  It's amazing, I love my RNY! :)

Gailupnorth
on 8/29/11 9:58 am - Huntsville, Canada
 Congratulations.  What an awesome NSV.  I had the same experience at Wonderland in the spring.  What fun!  Keep up the good work.  Gail
 HW: 381, Starting Optifast: 370, SW: 342, GW: 170.  RNY at HRRH 10/20/10.              
JJ_
on 8/29/11 10:15 am

Wow, wearing shorts, fitting into rides, and WALKING all day.   Congrats on your NSVs

Judy

Marny B.
on 8/29/11 10:55 am - Canada
Definately something to celebrate!  Great job!

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Moselle
on 8/29/11 11:04 am - Athens, Canada
Congratulations on your success. It truly is an amazing tool. Keep up the good work.
Jennifer D.
on 8/29/11 11:20 am
MMM, funnel cake! I guess the motivation of what it took to be able to enjoy your day overcame the power of funnel cake - good for you! Awesome NSV!!
Monica M.
on 8/29/11 11:43 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
that is incredible, Trudy!!! so happy for you. I bet your boys had an awesome time with you, too!

StevesGal
on 8/29/11 12:27 pm - Hamilton, Canada

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

NurseTammy
on 8/29/11 12:41 pm - Hamilton, Canada
Very Cool!!!
Tammy
328 - Highest Weight
305 - Surgery Weight- July 26th, 2011

stewartjackie
on 8/29/11 12:57 pm - Pickering, Canada
 What a wonderful day you had! good for you. Enjoy all the NSV's you can!
jackie

Most Active
Recent Topics