Met the surgeon today

MrsJButler
on 8/24/11 5:02 am - Canada
 Well today finally came! It felt like forever...but I was super happy about how it went. I met with a "fellow" and for the life of me I cant remember his name....I read his card just to report to you what it was and now its gone....anyhow not important. He went through the whole surgery and then had me sign the forms that said it was ok to preceed. OH MY and then Dr. Gmora walked in....im in love..what a hottie and so super nice! He said everything is great and that he made me swear swear swear to go to every follow up appointment they give me and that if I have any issues at all to skip going to my hospital but to rush over to his. He assured me that there is such a minimal chance something will even go wrong to worry but not to worry about it.  He gave me my scripts and my optifast order, I was surprised that he gave me 3 weeks of it. I went and got that at their pharmacy in the building but took my script back home to my normal pharmacy. They said I have to attend the info class on Sept 1st at 1:30pm and that Krsita will call me when they can book me in. Not sure what surgeon yet because he said it just depends on which one of the three has an opening first. I told him I wanted him....and I do.....lol hes so cute. Anyhow it was quick, I got in within 5 min, didnt even get a chance to look over the form I was asked to sign before getting called in. The appointment itself only took about 25 min so that was good. Thats all for now, hope this helps. 

Refferal Sent-Dec 15th 2010 SURGERY DAY-OCTOBER 19TH 2011 Contact me at https://www.facebook.com/groups/234277683300118/ if you are going through St. Joes Hamilton and I'll hook you up with our AMAZING Hamilton only private Facebook group :)

JennR
on 8/24/11 5:53 am
Glad to hear that you had a good appointment. I'm mad that I didn't get to meet Dr. Gamora! We'll be at the same class next week. Was that Dr. Tibari that you saw? It sounds very similar to the appointment that I had yesterday.

Tanya T.
on 8/24/11 5:57 am
I met with Dr. Gmora at my surgeon's appt and he is very easy on the eyes but I had Dr. Anavari as my surgeon. Jesse it's going to fly by now you wait and see. Your time will be here before you know it.  I am so happy things are moving along for you now you must be on cloud nine.

Tanya

Brandy S.
on 8/24/11 6:12 am - Sudbury, Canada
Lol I hope you get the Cute surgeon!!! I am curious, I want to see him lol
Good luck on your up coming surgery!
Brandyyy  
Heidi S.
on 8/24/11 6:24 am - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
What hospital is he at? Maybe I need to go there lmaoo.... I'm happy for you that you are on the final steps. All the Best

Sometimes you just put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you're going. 

Surgery Aug. 29, 2012 with the Wonderful Dr. Aarts at TEGH

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

MrsJButler
on 8/24/11 6:32 am - Canada
thanks to you all, Yes JennR as soon as she handed me the paper for the class I remembered you said the same date so that's fun. No it wasn't Dr. Tiboni Jenn it was a guy and his last name is in my head somewhere but....gone right now lol Thanks Tanya, Heidi and Brandy, Dr. Gamora is at St. Joes in Hamilton. Oh Tanya I cant wait to hear a date, I don't want to sound ungrateful but I WANT A DATE now lol. My optifast boxes are all out on the counter and i'm so ready, itching just to try one to see what i'm getting into lol Ill update when I have more info.

Refferal Sent-Dec 15th 2010 SURGERY DAY-OCTOBER 19TH 2011 Contact me at https://www.facebook.com/groups/234277683300118/ if you are going through St. Joes Hamilton and I'll hook you up with our AMAZING Hamilton only private Facebook group :)

Tanya T.
on 8/24/11 7:31 am

I know how you feel Jesse.  I was lucky I got my surgery date the same day as the surgeon's appt I don't know how often that happens but I was fortunate not to wait. Hang in there you are on the home stretch now.

Tanya

Megan M.
on 8/24/11 7:52 am - Canada
Oh Dr. Gmora, I think he's wonderful!!  You're very right - he's a nice-looking man, but more than that, he's a very genuine person.  When I was pre-surgery, he came to talk to me, saw that I was upset, pulled up a chair and the only thing he didn't do was put his feet up on the bed - he's that genuine a person.  The nurses all love him (one even told me that he's not arrogant like some of the doctors are).  You are one lucky person if he ends up being your surgeon - here's hoping.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Pam B.
on 8/24/11 8:34 am
I will be having my surgery at St. joes too, now I hope it is Dr. Gmora that I get!!!!  You must be so excited to actually see the end of the tunnel now!!
  Pam
         Referral Sent: February 2011   Surgery Date: November 2, 2011 by the fantabulous Dr. Gmora!!!    
Megan M.
on 8/24/11 11:39 am - Canada
I think all 3 surgeons in Hamilton are very good.  Dr. Anvari is a pioneer in non-invasive surgery, I believe he trained Dr. Hong, and Dr. Gmora had better be darned good to be on Anvari's team!  Whomever you get, you're getting the cream of the crop.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Most Active
Recent Topics