gaining weight

Brandy S.
on 8/21/11 7:08 am - Sudbury, Canada
So I stepped on the scale today to find out i am now 320,  I believe I was 307ish when I met the surgeon.  I start my 4 week optifast next sunday , and go for my PATTS on aug 31st with Dr Grantcharov.  Do you think this is a Big deal, do you think I should take this week to try and lose some of my gained weight??
Brandyyy  
Radiogirl39
on 8/21/11 7:11 am - Canada
Sounds like you've been on a food holiday like me.  Unfortunately I'm not having surgery til November!  So I am starting an ex program this week and going off some of the bad foods.  Wouldn't hurt to start cutting back, but 4 weeks on Opti will do it I imagine.  Might make the switch to Opti a little easier tho.

Julie

Brandy S.
on 8/21/11 7:16 am - Sudbury, Canada
food holiday indeed. i for sure am going to cut back and eat healthy this week.  I just dont want to go for my patts and they say i need to push my date back, but what can you do .. I shouldnt have been eating everything in sight.lol
Brandyyy  
StevesGal
on 8/21/11 7:14 am - Hamilton, Canada

Almost everyone does the "last meal" thing.  I did.

If I were you, I'd just start cutting back.  Doing 4 weeks of OF (Bless You, I couldn't) will get your weight down quickly.  I lost 15 lbs. on my 2 weeks of it.  You'll be below the 307 mark by surgery.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Brandy S.
on 8/21/11 7:17 am - Sudbury, Canada
thank you . I hope so.
I'd like to think he put me on 4 weeks knowing I would have gained some weight before the opti lol
Brandyyy  
birdiegirl
on 8/21/11 7:19 am

I dont think I would worry about it too much Brandy....I also gained weight between first session and start of optifast......13 pounds isnt much

Once you begin optifast you will lose - surgery will take care of the rest

Just follow your program to the letter once you start opti followed by your surgery

Good luck

Barb

pinkjellybean
on 8/21/11 7:22 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
I don't know what they'll say but if it helps to make you feel a little better I gained 25 pounds between my referral and my first appointment with the nurse at TWH and she didn't even mention it.

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Brandy S.
on 8/21/11 7:23 am - Sudbury, Canada
Thanks Ladies :)
Brandyyy  
tango123
on 8/21/11 11:11 pm
Yeah you are just having a divorce party with your food. One last goodbye. I did the same, ate whatever and whenever because I knew I wasn't going to do that ever again! Dr G is my surgeon, he's great!
Most Active