st joes people, how much $ did you need?

MrsJButler
on 8/21/11 11:20 am - Canada
hey thanks so much for the answers and I must have been having a "moment" forgot all about my drug plan covering everything.....duh lol

Refferal Sent-Dec 15th 2010 SURGERY DAY-OCTOBER 19TH 2011 Contact me at https://www.facebook.com/groups/234277683300118/ if you are going through St. Joes Hamilton and I'll hook you up with our AMAZING Hamilton only private Facebook group :)

Tanya T.
on 8/21/11 12:02 pm
Some people say their plans cover Optifast but mine didn't.  Check into it.

Tanya

KristieA
on 8/21/11 12:25 pm - Orillia, Canada
There is no DIN# for Optifast so it won't be covered by any drug plans that I am aware of. I worked in a pharmacy for 15 years and that is one of the stipulations for coverage.

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Tanya T.
on 8/21/11 1:09 pm
That's what I thought Kristie but some people in my nutrition class said they were able to get it covered in their plans...not sure what plans they were.  I know mine didn't cover it.

Tanya

MrsJButler
on 8/21/11 11:30 pm - Canada
Thanks! I have already called my insurance company and she said she would doubt if the Opti was covered so that's no surprise. I feel like I could throw up getting ready for this appointment. Hope it all goes o.k and i'm lucky enough to get a date soon.

Refferal Sent-Dec 15th 2010 SURGERY DAY-OCTOBER 19TH 2011 Contact me at https://www.facebook.com/groups/234277683300118/ if you are going through St. Joes Hamilton and I'll hook you up with our AMAZING Hamilton only private Facebook group :)

JennR
on 8/22/11 1:07 am, edited 8/22/11 1:07 am
My surgeons appt is tomorrow (Tuesday) so I'll post back tomorrow night and give you the run down. I'm planning on going back to see Krista right after the appointment and asking when surgery booking will be. I don't know if she knows what the schedule will be yet for the next several weeks but it doesn't hurt to go and ask!

ps we were at the same orientation!

MrsJButler
on 8/22/11 4:34 am - Canada
 FUN! Im so glad you are going tomorrow, im so nervous and would love to hear all about it. Thanks! Is it in the same building 4th floor as the rest of our appointments?

JennR
on 8/22/11 11:26 am
Yes, just go back to where you've had all your other appointments and Krista will direct you. I don't know about you but I've had some great conversations in that waiting room. Everyone is so willing to chat about their surgery and what works etc. I met the woman that was there at our orienation, the woman that was the 'success story' and we had a chat. she's been on this forum as well but I disremember what her name is. I'm so excited to be going tomorrow, seems like such a big step meeting the surgeon. don't know yet who I'm meeting, I was so happy to get the appointment I forgot to ask! I'll let you know how it goes.

Joy D.
on 8/22/11 11:01 am - Hamilton, Canada
 ok what i paid at st Joe's for my Feb 26th WLS date :
4 box's of optifast 40.99 + tax each
vit K 13.79 + tax
blood thinner 10.99 + tax  i had the hospital's compassionate as i am on ODSP
prevacet 81.95 + tax but you can ask ur GP to give you pantaloc asits the same  but they may want the fast desolving one but its covered on most drug plans just cru**** 
oxy cotin 17.75 + tax 
pill crusher/cutter 6.29 + tax

i do believe that was all i needed when i went through it these prices are from my receipts that i am keeping for income tax purpose as i can claim all medical exspence..

all the best to you on ur special day, 

Joy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

MrsJButler
on 8/22/11 11:22 pm - Canada
THANKS!!

Most Active
Recent Topics